Chapter 8

Peter Parker Pov

I stood in the Avengers tower, in my iron suit but without the mask. Everyone was waiting for her. For Abigail. The girl that made my heart beat so much faster. Bucky got her out of her room. She and Bucky have been talking very much lately and they got closer, like good friends. I was happy for her. I was happy that she started trusting is more and that she wanted to rescue Mrs. Potts with us. It really meant much to me that she changed for the good and that maybe I could be able to be with her one day. Because at that day, that was the only thing that I wanted. I wanted her to be safe and I wanted me to keep her safe.

But the person that wasn't safe at that moment was Mrs. Potts. She was getting sicker and sicker. One time this week, red skull sent us a video of her. How he tortured her. He didn't even mentioned his beautiful daughter, it's like he doesn't care about her. Abigail said that she doesn't care, that he wasn't there for her as a child and still isn't now. My heart ached when I heard that. She was such a kind person and I know that she would fight for the good, if someone else had raised her.

She quietly walked into the hallway. She was talking to Bucky and they laughed at something. Her clothes were all black, they looked like the ones from Natasha. She looked very hot. Then, she looked up and catched me starring. She cleared her throat and I swallowed, before shaking my head to get these thoughts out of it. I looked up and saw her blushing slightly. I smiled.

"You know where to, Mrs. Skull?", Vision asked her.

Mrs skull. A shiver went down my spine. She swallowed as well.

"Mrs. Moore and yes, I know where to", she said and walked forward.

Abigail Moore. Seems to be the last name of her mother.

I walked a little bit quicker to catch up on her.

"Hey Moore", I said and grinned a little bit.

"Hey Parker", she said and grinned as well.

"Nervous?, I asked. She tilted her head a little bit and shook it.

"Why should I be nervous?", she turned her head and stopped walking so fast because the other Avengers were walking way slower.

"It's your first mission on the good side. With the Avengers", I said "- and with me", I added and grinned.

She jokingly shoved her elbow in my side and smiled softly.

*************************

We were flying for a few hours and everyone was getting ready to meet Arnim. Abigail got a few weapons but not that many because we still couldn't trust her that much. Natasha would stay at Abigail's side the whole time, which was good. But I still thought that I should be the one protecting her.

"We're there", Steve said and the doors opened.

Abigail Pov

Everyone, expect me, Natasha and Peter had already left the ship. Just in the moment where Natasha wanted to put on the parachute on me, Peter stepped in and took it out of her hands.

"You take care of yourself, yeah?", he asked and secured the parachute.

"I always do", I answered and smirked.

"Don't die", Peter said and grinned a little bit.

"You too", I said.

"Later", he winked and jumped out of the ship.

I sighed and Natasha walked up me.

"You're ready?", she asked and looked at me.

I nodded slowly and not a few seconds after that, I was flying. It felt so good. I closed my eyes and relaxed into the cold air that was hitting me in that moment.