Chapter 5

Cole Sprouse

Driving home from the airport. Rain pouring down. Thunder shaking the sky. I could even see hailstones coming. Not as depressing as it sounds. We were all listening to Dylan talk about mead. What is mead? How to brew mead. How to drink mead. Again, not as depressing as it sounds. Isabella, dad and I tried, emphasis on 'tried,' to actually pay attention to the words coming out of Dylan's mouth, but in the end, we all just nodded, like little bobble heads with smiles plastered on our faces. When we finally arrived home, there was a collective sigh of relief from the three of us. There is only so much talk of mead, one can stand.

We parked the car in the gravel driveway and walked inside. We left Isabella's bags in the kitchen and led her to her room. It was your average-sized room, white walls, wooden floorboards and a bed next to the window. Isabella smiled...

Isabella Sprouse

...I was home.

"Well, we'll let you get settled, you can come down whenever you're ready." Mathew... sorry, dad said. I nodded and sat down on my new bed in my new room looking out of my new home.

Cole Sprouse

We descended the stairs and sat down at the table with some coffee, Isabella came down soon after.

"I have to go soon."

"Yeah, me too," Dylan said.

"Well see you all soon," Dad said

"Bye," Isabella said.

"Bye."

Isabella Sprouse

Cole and Dylan left an hour ago and I was now having dinner with my new dad. Trying to catch up on 14 years of each other's lives in one meal was not easy, trust me. We talked and talked and talked and talked and when it seemed the conversation was almost over, we talked some more.

Once we were done the dishes, I climbed into bed, my head like a tornado with questions, mixed feelings, worries. But I had bigger problems. School was tomorrow.