Chapter 2 - Wedding Preparation

*One month later*

*June 17*

*No one's P.O.V*

Erin and Jay lay, tangled up in their sheets. Both were sleeping peacefully; Erin lay across Jay's chest with a content smile on her face and Jay's arms were wrapped around her back.

Erin's alarm blared on her night stand, rousing them from their slumber. Erin reached over and switched off her alarm before stretching and sitting up. Jay rubbed the sleep from his eyes, smiling to himself as he watched Erin rise to her feet.

"Why are you up so early?" Jay asked, his eyes never leaving Erin's retreating form.

"I'm going dress shopping with Natalie and Kim today" she called out from the bathroom.

*1 hour later*

*Erin's P.O.V*

I pulled up to Natalie's house and watched as she made her way down the driveway, her hand resting on her swollen belly. She sat down in the passenger seat with a sigh before resting her head on the headrest and closing her eyes.

"Are you ok?" I asked, turning in my seat to face her. Natalie opened her eyes and turned to face me.

"The baby wouldn't stop kicking me last night, so I haven't had much sleep. She still hasn't settled and it's driving me crazy. I couldn't get comfortable all night and I honestly can't wait to be done with this pregnancy" Natalie said, exasperated as she rubbed her swollen stomach.

"Well hopefully she settles down long enough for you to enjoy yourself today" I said with a small smile as she struggled to fasten her seatbelt.

We drove off towards Kim's house, chatting about our work. It wasn't long before we pulled up in Kim's driveway. Kim came bounding down her driveway and opened the door, hopping into the back seat.

"Morning!" she chirped, a wide smile on her face as she fastened her seatbelt.

"Ready?" I asked, smiling as I noticed Natalie start to perk up. Both women nodded and I took that as my cue to merge into traffic. It wasn't long before we arrived at the shops.

Once I parked the car, Kim and I clambered out of the car before helping Natalie out and heading inside.

"Okay, where to first ladies?" I asked, looking around at all the stores slightly overwhelmed.

"Winnie Couture is apparently having a sale this week if you want to have a look in there" Kim suggested, beaming with excitement. Natalie and I agreed, and we all set off in the direction of the store.

"You know you haven't told us what colour we are going to be wearing yet" Natalie said, turning to face me as we entered the shop.

"Well, what do you think of red?" I asked, looking at each of them nervously, relieved when they smiled.

"I think red is perfect" Natalie agreed, smiling from ear to ear.

After trying on a few dresses, we finally found some dresses that we liked.

Natalie and Kim ceased their conversation as I emerged from the change room in a gorgeous wedding gown, turning to face me with their mouths gaping open.

"That one!" they agreed unanimously.

*1 hour later*

We were starting to get peckish, so we decided to head to the food court for lunch. We braved the crowds as we waited for the food we ordered, and Natalie sat at the table to rest her feet.

"Here you go" Kim chirped, handing Natalie her chicken kebab as she sat down.

We made small talk as we ate, Natalie shifting in her seat and rubbing her stomach as she did so.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, as her discomfort appeared to grow.