Chapter 3: All That Glitters

Ten years has passed since then

Ten years has passed since then. The investigation with the missing Zora people has yet to be resolved. Even after all this time, pain still lingered in Zelda's and King Rhoam's hearts over the loss of the one they always held close.

But... The world continued to revolve.

On this certain day, Midna was hiding behind some seaweed stage curtains while holding several sheets of papers that were meant for Zelda. She peeked out at the audience, seeing the merpeople getting seated one by one.

It was the day of Princess Zelda's speech. Her first ever speech as the future queen of Hyrule. Letting out a sigh, Midna was anxious of how this was all going to turn out.

Even when Midna had been her tutor and guide for ten years already, it still felt like Zelda wasn't quite fond of her yet. It saddened her, but she understood overall.

"Midna." King Rhoam swam over to her. He was holding a golden trident in one hand with a stern look on his face. "Are the preparations complete?"

Midna nodded. "Yes, your majesty. Everything is set in place. We just have to wait for Navi's cue."

"Excellent." King Rhoam praised. "This will be Zelda's first ever speech. I look forward to what she has to say as future queen. Considering that you have been helping her study all this time."

Smiling nervously, beads of sweat appeared on Midna's forehead. "Yes. Of course." Truthfully, there were times where Zelda had ditched her studies to go to where who knows where. She had hoped that Zelda would be able to get through this speech today, despite not looking over the final drafts.

"Your majesty. Midna." Navi said while swimming towards them. "You may proceed on stage."

King Rhoam cleared his throat. "Thank you, Navi. Let us proceed, Midna." He began to swim onto the stage with Midna swimming behind.

The curtains were opening, cuing the merpeople who were present to start clapping. King Rhoam swam towards the podium, Midna stopping by his side.

In a straight posture, King Rhoam began his speech. "Welcome citizens of Hyrule! Thank you for joining us on such an important day. As you may all know... My daughter is of age to becoming queen. I have the uttermost faith in her. I believe that she will make a fine ruler of the sea. And today... She will show all of you how capable she is. Midna, will you do the honors?"

Midna swam closer towards the podium. "Ladies and gentlefish. I present to you... The lovely, intelligent, future queen of Hyrule... Princess Zelda."

The audience started clapping at the mention of Zelda's name. At the same time, there was a giant closed up clam shell rising up on stage. Once it came to a stop, it slowly started to open.

King Rhoam's face grew eager, excited to see how well Zelda would do with her first speech. His eager face turned shock when it was revealed that Zelda wasn't even in the shell!