introduced

you smiled at the memory as you stare outside the coffee shop you are in, still waiting for joohyun and her girlfriend to arrive.

joohyun and her girlfriend.

you grunted.

it still irks you knowing the event that transpired between the two of you on her twenty-first birthday gave you hope--a false hope.

you can't blame your eighteen-year-old self for thinking that way. you were sure she felt something; you can tell by the way she looked at you, and by how her hand trembled on your nape.

for a moment there, you thought it was possible that she may have feelings for you too.

but yeah, as much as it hurts to admit it, it was just false hope.

she didn't talk to you for weeks after that, even after she got back to her dormitory. there's still her usual good morning and good night messages, but you two didn't talk like you usually do. she messaged you one time to say she's busy with the finals and is hoping everything is okay with you.

the next time you spoke to her--after almost a month--she told you all about her new boyfriend. and like the usual, she seemed happy about it.

so, you're left there confused and wondering what the hell happened between the two of you on her birthday.

maybe she felt something for you?

but whatever it is maybe she shrugged it off? maybe she realized she's really into guys?

but why does she have a girlfriend now? you can't wrap your head around it.

the footsteps ascending the stairs pulled you out of your musing. you heard murmurs of what seemed like two people. from the staircase appeared joohyun clinging onto a taller person.

you felt your heart warming at sight. her unwavering beauty still affects you like it's the first time. she's wearing a black dress with a dark blue coat over it. her long wavy hair is hanging loosely, and you can't help marveling at her beauty.

damn. if there's a medicine to help you forget her, you will buy it no matter how expensive it is. because seriously, joohyun's effect on you never faltered.

joohyun spotted you and waved, dragging the other person with her towards you.

"hey, long time no see!" she reached over, hugging you and cheek kissing you. she pulled back. "wow. looking great, huh? how are you?"

"fine. busy with work, but i'm fine." you forced a smile. you looked at the other person. "hello, there. i'm seulgi."

"amber," said the androgynous woman who held her hand in front of you. "nice meeting you, seulgi."

"likewise." you shook her hand back, staring intently at her appearance.

maybe this is what joohyun prefers? a woman who looks like a man?

unlike amber, you have a more feminine appearance: longer hair you usually put into a messy bun like today, dress shirts that are still girly, and tight fit pants are your usual fashion style.

"let's order now. i'm hungry," said joohyun. the three of you settled down and placed your orders.

"i've heard a lot of things about you, seulgi," said amber, glancing at joohyun. "if you weren't her childhood best friend, i'd think my girlfriend here has a crush on you."

you laughed. joohyun slapped amber's arm.

"babe! don't say things like that. i haven't seen seulgi in a long time, okay? i'm excited to meet her today. it was hard getting her to say yes because of her schedule."