Chapter 3

"What the fuck did you say imply to him?" I snapped at Roman stepping closer as Peter stopped me.

"Ivy, it's fine. I didn't kill her." Peter said.

"I figured it was you." I scoffed.

"Me? why would I do it? why would I?"

"People are saying you're a werewolf."

"Do you believe every rumor you hear?" I asked him.

"Then why are we all here?" He asked.

"When listening to all those people, you ever hear of a coincidence?" Peter asked him.

"Are you sure it wasn't you?" Roman asked.

"You could try to contain your disappointment." Peter said.

"Then who was it?" Asked Roman.

"Bear? Cougar? Creative suicide." I squinted my eyes at my boyfriend.

"There's no cougars in Pennsylvania." I told him.

"It's weird, I knew her. I mean, I didn't KNOW HER know her, but to see her -- parties and stuff. She liked my car."

"It's a nice car." Peter commented.

"I also knew your uncle. Vince. He did some kind of work for my mom. She denies it, but she's so full of shit." I looked down.

"What's wrong peach girl?" I looked back up.

"You two know each other?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, we met at the farmers market, I dropped a peach." I said.

"I didn't think you two would be dating." Roman said.

"We have for eight months now." Peter said as I smiled at him.

"What's it like? Living like, you know, you people." Roman asked.

"Um, I'm not a gypsy." I said.

"I guess there's always something over the hill I gotta see." Peter said as we silent for a second.

"What's the story of your sister?" Peter asked.

"That really tall girl, with the awesome boots?" I asked as a siren was heard.

"Shit!" Peter said.

"It's cool. it's cool. don't run." Roman told us as we stayed behind.

After 5 minutes, Roman came back as I leaned against Peter.

"How'd you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Nevermind, uh let's go home. I'm not feeling well." I told Peter as he nodded.

"Okay, uh nice to meet you." Peter told him.

We waved goodbye to him as we made our way back to the trailer.

It was the end of the day and I was going to meet Peter by his locker when I saw Roman at the display case, looking at the snake.

"In lieu of the Bluebell killing, a list of non-acceptable costumes will be listed on the bulletin board. Any students not complying will not be permitted to tonight's dance." I rolled my eyes.

"Also, there will be a small police presence. This is only a precaution, but I warn you that students attempting to sneak off school premises cannot be taken lightly." The announcements shut off as I stepped towards Roman.

"You okay?" I asked as he turned.

"I'm fine, what's it to you?"

"I was just trying to be nice." I scoffed walking away as his grabbed my hand.

As we touched, I felt electricity and even saw it as he did the same removing his hand.

"Need a lift home?" I nodded as we went to go find Peter.

We turned down the hall to see Peter flicking Shelley's hair playfully before leaning down to get his books.

Roman and I went over and he helped pick them up.

Peter grabbed them as they both stood up.

"Get your fucking hands off my sister, man." Roman told him.

Peter and Shelley both laughed as I felt anger come over me.

"Is this funny to you?" Roman asked.

"I'm just - you want a lift home?"

"Why?"

"Too late, I already said yes." I replied grabbing Roman's hand dragging him down the hall.

I sat in the backseat, letting my hair fly back behind me as I stared at the scenery.

"Nicolae has the biggest boner in heaven right now." Peter said as Roman gave him a look.

"He's my grandfather."

"Ah."

"We like wheels, us people." Peter said.

"Yeah, my dad used to drive me around in it. He knew every back road and speed trap for a hundred miles." Roman told us.

"My mom would have killed him if she knew the way he would drive with me in the car... If he hadn't beat her to it." I looked at him.

"Where's your dad?" Roman asked Peter.

"Still out for the proverbial pack of smokes, I suppose." I touched my boyfriend's shoulder.

"You know, they say that being raised by a single mother makes you more sensitive to, like, chicks and stuff."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." Roman replied.

"What about your parents, Ivy?" Roman asked as I laid back in the seat.

"Mom was human, dad was an angel. Mom was murdered by an Archangel when I was six, and my father was never around." I said as they looked at me.

"I thought your mom died of cancer." I shook my head.

"Nope."

"I had a dream about that the other night." Roman said saving me as I mentally thanked him.

"You guys can feel it, can't you?" Roman asked.

"What?" Peter replied as I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever it is that's down there." Roman said.

"The septic tanks?" Peter replied.

"Deeper." Roman said as he pulled to the side of the road.

"You mean like feeling that something really important is about to happen?" I asked Roman.

He turned to me nodding as I felt his eyes glaze down to my neck then to my breasts.

"Thanks for the ride." Peter said cutting us out of our trace.

"Yeah, thanks Roman." I kissed his cheek before getting out of the car.

Once Peter and I descended the stairs, his hands gripped my waist pushing me against the trailer.

"What the fuck was that about?" He growled.

"What was what about?" I asked confused.

"You and Roman, you two were literally eye fucking each other." I scoffed.

"Me? what about you and Shelley? hm? flirting with her and touching her hair? you fucking started it." I hissed.

"I wasn't flirting with her." I scoffed.

"I cannot deal with this right now." I pushed him heading for the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Peter asked.

"To Roman's cause he's not pissing me off!" I yelled at him.