The Lost Machine

The Doctor stuck his finger on the tip of the arrow and slowly moved it to the side. The strange being however moved it back.

"Right ok sooooo...who are you?" The Doctor asked with a puzzled face.

"Silence" said the man.

"Well this is just great! Oh you know "i" lost my bag, lost the TARDIS, and now I'm gonna get shot in the head! Awww it's the best day ever!" Said Donna sarcastically.

The tree moved behind them and turned to walk away.

"Mani naa lle umien?" Said the man to the tree.

"Great we're gonna get killed by a psychopath. look, he's talking to a tree" said Donna

The doctor paid little attention to her and focused on the strange being and the tree.

The tree creaked and chipped back to the being. He nodded in return as the tree slowly walked away. The being dropped his arrow and spoke, "He says you are not a threat yet, you fell to this land in a Blue Box? Who are you?"

" excuse me but the "Blue Box" is called a TARDIS A.K.A my ticket to safety. I'm Donna by the way"

"Yes, yes that's Donna and I'm the Doctor! Hello!" The Doctor waved with a smile on his face.

The "man" looked at them curiously. The Doctor figured they had no electricity or "mechanics" so how would they even have a TINY idea over what the he and Donna were flying in or how they got there.

"Yeah so what's your name?" Asked Donna

"Amin hiraetha I am Legolas," said the being

"Hm are you human?" Asked the Doctor

"No sir I am an elf," he replied

Right, right so... What planet are we on?"

Legolas was a little confused on what that question was meant for but he answered anyway,"you are "in" Middle Earth"

"Right excuse me for one moment," said the Doctor as he pulled Donna off to the side

"I think I just found the best day of my life!" He said quietly to her.

"Oh YA this is the best day of your life? I would say that man is crazy for saying he's an elf but seeing a walking tree and noticing you believe him makes me think that I'm insane! Then now you're saying the world of JRR. Tolkien, a man who died about 70 years ago; was writing a book about a "real" worlds history that everyone believed was fake?"

"Yeah pretty much! Well actually when I talked to Tolkien he said this world was real but he didn't want to tell me where, I didn't mind though it was his decision not my own."

"You've met Tolkien?" Donna asked but the Doctor was already heading back to Legolas

"Right so do you know where my TARDIS went?" Asked the Doctor

Legolas spoke back to him, " it was falling southeast, towards the land of Mordor. Let's hope that's not where it is. But come now, the Ents, even though they're only visiting Mirkwood can see a many more miles than Elves can. Let's see if they know where it landed." The Doctor nodded as him and Donna followed the Elf deeper into the woods.