9

Word count:

💠
How did I end up calling for you?

I found myself calling for you

Into the dark I'd follow you

I should've known this ain't the type of shit I go through

Send me away !
💠

Janine.

I woke up smiling. I went to my bathroom and washed my face. I put my hair into a messy bun before a went downstairs to make me cereal. I mummed as I reached for the Coco Pops box from the top shelf. I heard turned around to see a sleepy Cole walking over to a bar chair rubbing his eyes.

"Didn't get much sleep huh?" I asked as I remembered his date with Jay tonight. Cole just simply nodded. I took out another bowl for Cole and handed him his cereal. "Thanks." I heard him say tiredly. "Pleasure." I said quietly as I walked over to the couch. I switched on the TV to see that Marley & Me was playing. It was a great movie so I continued to watch.

I later felt a tear run down my cheek as I watched the scene where Marley died. I loved animals and help but cry when I watched sad scenes like that. When the movie was over, I went back to kitchen to put my bowl in the dishwasher. I walked over to Cole and I realised I haven't spent lots of time with him since he is constantly busy with practice, plus I was busy with my team some days too. I sat on the bar chair next to him and I started a conversation with him. We went from hockey to food, to Teen wolf then to cravings then finally to sexuality.

"How long have you known?" I asked. "About a year now. I've been beatinging myself up about it really. I was ashamed of myself, but soon I realised I had to move on and accept the fact that I like guys and not girls." He stated looking a bit doubtful but smiled nevertheless. "Never feel ashamed about something like that, Cole. You know that April and I will support you through anything no matter how hard it is. You can tell us anything and we won't judge you." I said giving him a reassuring smile. He looked at me and hugged him. "Thank you." He said. "For what?" I asked slightly confused. "For always being there for me. For journeying with April and I through these wild adventures. I mean, we're in Canada for crying out loud. WITH NO ADULT SUPERVISION!" He yelled pumping his fists. I just threw back my head and laughed.

"Just to let you know, I would've definitely dated you if I was straight." He smirked. I was speechless. Actually I didn't know how to respond to that. I just smiled and fiddled with my fingers. After a while of chatting, I went upstairs and got dressed into something comfortable enough for the day.

I then brushed my teeth and made my way to April's room. She was still asleep with her mouth slightly open. I just smiled and walked back out, but walked right back in as I remembered I wanted to take a pack of Skittles from her cupboard. I tiptoed to the cupboard and backed out of the room quietly. "You owe me." I heard someone grumble. Darn it!

I went to my room and took a shower. I slipped a few Skittles into my mouth as I hummed while standing under a nice hot waterfall. Soon April woke up and we went to take a jog.

 Soon April woke up and we went to take a jog

Jay's POV

Jay's POV.

I was buttoning up a grey shirt that matched my grey pants. I brushed my teeth. I felt a bit nervous for my date. I didn't think he would say yes. I practically just threw the question out there. Personally, I thought he was straight. I didn't know what I was thinking. But all I know is that he said yes and I'm happy. I hope he's happy too. I soon realised that there was still 30mins before I had to leave, so I went to the living room and called Jesse. He was the only one that knew about my sexuality. I didn't tell Reece because ... Well I don't know why I didn't tell him. I'll tell him tomorrow. After a few minutes, I got in my car and drove to the Reed house. I stopped in front of the house and checked my hair one more time before I got out of the car. I knocked on the door and a few seconds later, I was greeted by April. She asked me how I was going and smiled. "You better treat him right and bring him home by 10." She said in a firm voice but smiled afterwards. I took a step forwards into the house. I saw Janine on the couch and I walked over to her and gave her a hug. "Hey bro!" She greeted more happily than usual. "Hey sis. What you watching?" I looked to the screen. "13 Reasons Why." She said before focusing on the TV again. "So, where's Cole?" I asked shyly. "Oh! He's in his room. I'll call him real quick." Janine said as she walked to the kitchen. Why the kitchen? She took out a a bottle of Sprite before she went upstairs.

A few moments later, she walked down again with the Sprite bottle half- way now. She pointed two of her fingers to her eyes then back to me, then she smiled. What's up with this people? Janine vanished as I saw an angel walk down the stairs with his focus on ... his phone? "Yo April. What did you nee- ." He stopped himself when he caught my eye. He put his phone away and gave me a smile. I walked over to him and gave him a hug. It was only a little awkward but okay. He spoke for a while before we made our way to my car. "Nice rims, dude." Cole said. "Thanks." I said dumb struck.

We got into the car and surprisingly the ride wasn't awkward. Well, maybe only a bit. The music played in the background so it wasn't completely silent. "So where are we going?" Cole asked with a smirk. "You'll see. I hope you like it." I said nervously. I know what he liked for first dates. I just hope he likes it. After talking, I finally stopped in front of a restaurant. "This it way too fancy." I heard Cole mutter. "Come on." I motioned. There was a lady at the front door and she smiled at us. "Reservation under Jay Blue." I said. She looked at the screen and smiled again. She led us to a table at the back. We ordered our food and the waiter walked away.

"How long have you known?" Cole asked randomly. "About 3 years." I said. I asked him the same. "This place is so expensive. You know we could've just took a walk on thw beach, right?" He laughed. He has an amazing laugh. "I'll take note of that. Also, it is much of a problem." I said. Soon our food arrived and we started to eat right away. For the rest of the night, we learnt more about each other. Turns out that we have a lot in common. We both love sports and men. Also he has a fear for snakes. I can totally use that against him. He also blushes every time I say his name. Oh, how I loved that.

When we were done, I paid for the bill. After arguing with Cole about it, we decided to split it. We made our way to the car and had a mini carpool type of thing. He sang 'How Will I Know' by Whitney Houston and I sang 'Stay' by Zedd. Soon, I found myself stopping in front of the Reed house. "So, I guess this is your stop." I said as I turned around to look him in the eye. He sighed and gave me a smile. We were now looking at each other dead in the eye. It felt very intense after a few seconds. I got the sudden urge to look at his lips. I tried not to, but I failed. He noticed at started to lick his lips. He then looked down at mine and I couldn't take it anymore. I slowly started to lean in and so did he. Soon, our lips connected and I felt a jolt of electricity run down my spine. Our lips moved together in sync and we both broke the kiss, desperate for breath. "See you around." He said as he opened the door and walkies into his house. I just kissed Cole Reed.