Chapter Nine

The weeks flew by and soon Spring was handing Summer control of the earth. The days were now longer and the weather more balmy.

Sha'ara had indeed found some answers, and now she knew even more of what very few people in all of Sha'anae Doas knew; that Moy'rain had his friend slip something into the Princess's food or something in order to erase and completely morph her memories.

Tho'ora had kept well organized and complete records of letters and other correspondence between herself and Serephia. She did so because she began to suspect something had gone wrong, when in one of the letters, Serephia mentioned that Moy'rain had begun behaving differently. She also mentioned Gabri'el and how they had been conversing, without the Prince's knowledge.

Ma'agda was quite pleasantly surprised that her distant relative had had the foresight to keep them at Forest Claw. But then when she took in consideration that Tho'ora could see far into the future, it made much more sense that she would have done so. She became eager to learn more about Tho'ora now more than ever.

So, now the question was should Sha'ara still open The Doors at all? The more she thought on it, it seemed like maybe Lazarus had somehow known this and that he really did believe he was right in endeavoring to stop Sha'ara.

But no, that could not be right either, because she had plenty of evidence with which to support the idea that he was evil. Maybe he had the right belief, but went the wrong way about it. Either way, he remained an enemy.

Sha'ara also had learned a lot more about Serephia; her past self had indeed meant for the government she had set up to be only a temporary fix. So it seemed that Sha'ara would in fact be Princess over her country when they finally returned home.

"So how has it been, learning all this information about Serephia?" Jonah asked as they were walking around the outside border. They had been asked to take their turn as watchers, and Jonah had actually been assigned his sisters Protector, because of his impressive skills learned in such a short time.

"At times it is a little daunting! So much of what I thought, turns out to be wrong. I mean, Serephia still thinks good of Moy'rain, and because of that I did really think I loved him. But now..." her voice faded.

"Well, look at it this way Sis," Jonah began as they turned the corner. "You found out now, instead of later after you opened The Doors. He could have carried out his plan, and imprisoned you."

Sha'ara swept her gaze across the horizon. "Yeah, you are right." Just then she stopped mid-step as she thought she had seen movement in the far off distance.

Her brother squinted in the direction. "Do you suppose that could just be normal movement?"

"No. It definitely is not." She faced him and in a blink had sprinted toward the inner border patrol, grabbing his arm while passing by.

"Get as many Shia'din and Protectors here as we can right now!" Sha'ara shouted out.

"What is it?" Someone shouted back.

"I cannot be positive but it looks like a group of men on horses galloping this way. And they seem to advancing at a good pace. I think they are coming here! I have a bad feeling." She answered.

Another Shia'din took out what looked like a tube and held it to her eye. After a moment, she began stating that there were actually two groups; one was far ahead of the other. Sha'ara immediately knew who it was.

"It is Azul and his resistance. They are attempting to beat Lazarus here."

By that time, a crowd of people had come to where Sha'ara and her brother stood and settled in a formation, apparently at the ready for orders. Sha'ara gazed upon all the faces and was glad to see her friends there.