Chapter Eleven

The festivities for the midday meal were well under way when they arrived at the village. Sha'ara and Ma'agda set about finding Maha'atual, Rae'ella, Mae'ellra, and the elder to make sure they knew that the man Shay and they had brought could potentially be the same Bray as the one in her vision. If they recognized him then they could perhaps finally get answers regarding what happened.

"Are you sure?" asked Rae'ella, after Sha'ara had told the story. "He told you his name was Bray. It must be him but—does he not know where he is?"

"Yes. He actually may not know, because you see he doesn't remember the past three months or so—Lazarus put some kind of enchantment on him when he refused to join him. But Shay invited him so that people here could see him for themselves and question him."

"Alright then, if he indeed had anything to do with Sama being killed he will face justice here." The elder piped in. "But until we know for sure, let us be kind and give the benefit of the doubt."

The Shia'din slightly bowed their heads in a show of honor. "Of course, you are right dear Elder." Maha'atual agreed. "He may have just been at the wrong place at the wrong time, and left for other reasons."

Sha'ara scrunched up her features. "What exactly did he do here in the village? He did not seem to me to have any magic....was he a Protector?"

Rae'ella assigned herself to the question. "You have assumed correctly; he was a Protector. In fact..."her voice faded, and her expression fell. "In fact, if I recall rightly he was assigned to Sama!" The women looked to the others to deny or agree with her.

"I. I think you are right. Of course we should check the records first to make certain." Maha'atual inserted.

"Good idea." The elder acknowledged. Looking to Sha'ara she spoke again. "That was an excellent question my dear girl." Then pat her on the arm as she walked away to her tent in order to search for the mentioned records.

They all dispersed to their assigned duties, leaving Sha'ara and Ma'agda alone. The girls decided to go rest a bit before the meal. So off they strolled toward her tent.

"Do you suppose he really did it?" Ma'agda asked as they turned a corner.

"I am not quite sure," her thinking face was on, "but I did feel slightly wary about him in the holding area; that is why Mother asked the questions." Sha'ara illumined.

Meanwhile, Cryss, Jonah and Raphe were attending an informal class on desert living, since they were still unused to the dry and less sheltered landscape.

"That was pretty stellar work Cryss; at the battle." Raphe whispered.

"Thanks. I just can't believe we actually were in a battle! Against a Mage too, and won!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah, that was great. You know, our lives back in West End seem lifetimes ago."Jonah added. "My Sister was amazing today, wasn't she? So bold and sure of herself; she would make a great leader." He said with pride.

"Um...yeah, she pretty much will be though. I mean she's the reborn Princess, has a prophecy about her, and now, she might even actually become a Princess. She also pretty much led the Shia'din into battle, so yeah." Cryss listed on his fingers.

"That's right she did! I can hardly believe how easy she seems to be taking all these changes and stuff; I think I'd be a mess by now. But she just kept cool and faced off against that guy." Raphe commented.

The class ended and the three boys went off to see about helping with the meal. They were sent to collect plates and mugs for the tables and came across Armaelie and Jazael.