Chapter 3

Potions Class

Harry, along with Ron and Hermione walked to Potions class together. Both Ron and Harry not having their books yet went to the back of the classroom to get their potions textbook. Both fighting for the new one as Hermione answered questions from Professor Slughorn.

"Yes, Miss...?" Slughorn asked.

"Granger, sir." Hermione repied, before answering.

"That one there is Veritaserum. It's a truth telling serum. And that would be Polyjuce Potion. It's terribly tricky to make."

Harry lost, getting the older version of the textbook.

"And this is Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world. It is rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them." continued Hermione.

"For example, I smell. Freshly mown grass, and new parchment, and ..." Hermione trailed off.

Walking back to the line of students. Slughorn gave her 10 points.

"Now, Amortentia doesn't create actual love. That would be impossible. But it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession. And for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room."

He closed the lid. The girls who were attracted by the smell who moved forward, moved back again. That was when a girl named Katy noticed a vile that the professor missed.

"Oh, yes." said Professor Slughorn. "What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen is a curious little potion known as Felix Felicis. But it is commonly known as --"

"...Liqud Luck." intercepted Hermione.

Holding hands with Harry in line. Ron glaring at them.

"Yes, Miss Granger. Liquid luck. Desperately tricky to male, disastrous if you get it wrong. One sip and you will find that all your endeavors succeed. ...At least until the effects wear off."

"So this is what I offer you each today. One tiny vile of liquid luck to the student who, in the hour that remains, manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Death, the recipes for which can be found on page 10 of your textbooks. I should point out, however, only once did a student manage to brew a potion such as this correctly. Good luck to you all. Let the brewing commence."

Hermione and Harry were set at a table as Ron was with Lavender.

Everyone opened up their textbooks. Harry only seeing now that his book was 'property of the Half Blood Prince.' Following every written instruction to a tea. Harry was the only one to brew it successfully. Obtaining Liquid Luck. He decided to give it to Hermione.

To try and have a good talk and kiss with Ron. He hoped it would go well. He wanted her to be happy. Even when his feelings for Ginny has diminished.