Chapter 4

Hermione walked through the corridors of Hogwarts looking for Ron. She had had two other classes other than potions and had a free period the three of them shared. Thanks to Harry, she could have her chance with Ron. Of course she wouldn't use it all, that would be daft.

After a few minutes passed she found Ron with Lavender. Her blood boiling. She couldn't understand what he saw in her. She took the vile of liquid luck out of her pocket. Examining it before taking a sip. Uncoarking it, she took a small sip of it. As it went down her throat, there was this tingling feeling. She could feel the serum working.

As luck would have it, Ron left Lavender sitting at a bench. Walking to a empty classroom. Hermione followed him discreetly. It seemed as if they had a fight. Lavender was in tears when Hermione left. Entering the classroom behind him, he turned slightly saying.

"Piss off Lav, I need to be alone."

Hermione walked closer to him.

"Ron, what's wrong?" she asked.

Ron whipped around, knowing that voice. It was none other than Hermione. He tried to change the subject.

"Oh, nothing. How are you and Harry? Everything okay?"

Hermione nodded.

"Y-Yeah..... Actually, I wanted to talk to you."

Ron gulped nervously.

"Okay 'mione, what did you want to talk about?"

"Why are you dating Lavender Brown?!" Hermione began.

"Is it to spite me for thinking that you were under the influence of Liquid luck?!"

"Hermione I -"

"I know your good, I just couldn't believe I was wrong. I-I like you Ronald." murmured Hermione.

"I like you too Hermione." Ron replied, obviously not getting the message.

"No. Ron, I like like you..."

A lightbulb finally lit up in Ron's brain. He finally got what she ment.

"I like you too 'mione."

With that, Ron pulled her into his chest. Tilting her chin up, he kissed her passionately. Kissing him back, something felt...off. She didn't know what, but all she knew was that it wasn't like Harry's. She pulled away from Ron, unable to speak.

She ran out of the classroom, unsure where to go. Ron stood there, speachless. He finally got to kiss the girl he liked, but she didn't seem to like the kiss.

~~~~~~

Hermione found her self in the Astronomy Tower, alone. Still during her free period. She thought she'd enjoy the kiss, she was looking forward to it for years. It was disappointing. All she could think about was Harry, his emerald eyes. His soft lips.

She sighed. Not long after, Harry walked up behind her.

"I guess it didn't work out?" he asked.

Hermione turned to him, nodding. Tears filling her eyes, she leaned into his chest.

"I-I thought it would be different." She sniffled. "I thought we would be in our happily ever after, but...all I could think of. Was you..."

Hermione looked up at him. His emerald eyes, looking into her chocolate brown ones.

"Oh Hermione..." Harry said, before Hermione went onto her tippy toes and kissed him.

It was slow and passionate, his hand in her now curly hair and his other under her chin. She felt her hands go to his waist.

After minutes passed, the tears have faded. Only smiles etched on their faces. They laughed.

"Hermione -" Harry began.

But before he could continue, he saw an upset Ron leave. He went after his friend. Calling out.

"Ron, Ron!"

Ron ignored him, going back to Lavender. Pretending what happened in those moments never happened.