Chapter 1

Mark was yelling again, and it didn't help that his voice was so deep it carried a long way.

The neighbors were defiantly going to hear this one.

Amelia was just waiting for the inevitable conclusion of this fight to arrive... the moment when Mark got so worked up he needed to purge his anger physically.

Then he would come to Amelia's room charge in slam door and release the rage on her.

Her mother would be no help of course.

While her mother Elaine was always quick to anger Mark she never tried to filter her actions to cool his rage.

Of course, she was not the one he would beat when the anger reached a boiling point.

Elaine was the meek eyes down housewife type she would never try and stop Mark from beating her daughter senseless it was against her nature.

She would just wait a proficient amount of time after he left Amelia's room to pass before she would sneak in to check on her daughter and to assess the damage.

She would then make a halfhearted attempt to help Amelia clean up.

More for appearance sake rather than love.

Amelia no longer held love for her mother in her heart... pity yes but her love was just dried up.

The part of a child that loves its mother unconditionally had been tested and used so much in Amelia that it broke and now all she felt was a mild apathy and sadness.

The last of her love had died around age fourteen when she had to be taken to the ER once again for broken ribs.

Amelia felt her heart being broken by her mother for the last time as she watched Elaine effortlessly lie to the people who could and would help them escape Marks clutches.

Elaine had told them Amelia had fallen off the jungle gym at the local park, thus stopping the questioning about how Amelia became injured and protecting Mark once more.

Now as Amelia sat there trying to finish her research paper for school she mentally prepared herself for the abuse that was soon to come.

She didn't have to wait long, as the door flew open and Mark came in like a tsunami crashing into the coast destroying all in its wake.

Amelia didn't scream out or cry she didn't even attempt to block the blows as these actions would only incite more rage in Mark; he wanted a punching bag, not a defensive human body.

The first thing he did was fist her hair in his massive clutches as he yanked her from the desk chair where she sat.

His right hand came up to clutch her jaw in a punishing grip as he pulled her face up about kissing distance from his own.

She could feel his lips move against her own as he spoke.

"Your fucking mother blew all my beer money on her little shopping trip with the girls and I know I told you to make sure that didn't happen again... did I not?" he asked.

Amelia shook her head yes, she didn't dare yell out that she had been at school when her mother went shopping leaving her no control over what her mother bought, that would only be seen as making excuses something that would make Mark angrier.

Mark released a pent-up breath.

"Well you know I can't blame your mother for this, after all, I told you to make sure she got my beer and we both know that mother of yours is useless at following instructions."

Mark used his grip on Amelia's head to yank her into the center of the room where her floor was clear and only covered by a small area rug.

Shoving her to the floor he grabbed the lamp from the dresser by the door.

The Lamp was just some cheap garage sale appliance but it was hefty and would make a serviceable weapon on weak human flesh.

Lifting the lamp, he slammed the base of it against Amelia's back successfully knocking the wind out of her and sending a fierce shard of pain throughout her whole body.

Mark continued to wield that weapon until Amelia's body was a bloody heap on the floor. Then he went to the bathroom to retrieve a washcloth from beneath the sink.

Wetting the washcloth, he washed the lamp off before he threw the now bloody soaked washcloth into the laundry hamper.

As Mark walked out of Amelia's room he sat the lamp back in its place before closing the door behind him.

Amelia released her first pain-filled cry.

Lifting her battered body up off the floor as the pain from her back and sides racked her she felt the blood that trickled down the corner of her mouth.

Of course, the door opened once again and Amelia didn't need to look to see it was her mother not Mark who entered.

"Oh, lord honey he really worked you over good this time didn't he." Elaine tisked as she reached out to grasp Amelia's left arm to help her stand up.

"He said I was supposed to buy him beer and he said you were supposed to remind me... so this one is on your head kiddo," Elaine explained as she released a forced fake laugh.

Yanking her arm from her mother's grasp; Amelia told her mother to just leave and without hesitation, her mother walked out.

No surprise there.

A/N

Please please please vote for my chapters and I love hearing from you please comment and tell me your thoughts!

Love you all my followers.