Nightmare

**Please vote and comment if you like this chapter!**

-Thank you!!!

Hot salty tears dripped from her chin and became one with the ocean that lapped at her bare feet as she sat cross-legged on the sandy shore staring out into the horizon

How she envied the waves. How she longed to melt away into the ocean and join them. Perhaps if she moved closer to the sea and let it engulf her, consume her, maybe she could become one with the sea and never return.

Waves of deep royal blue crept slowly towards her, before running away, only to repeat the process in a disturbing cycle, never swallowing her up, taunting her with the droplets of salty water that sprayed onto her bare, sand-encrusted feet.

She stared at the retreating waves and just beyond those taunting promises stood the one thing she would never reach: The sunset. Breath-taking smudges or lavender, turquoise and a fiery red blended to create a sight so astounding, she longed to reach towards it. She reached a hand towards the sun, moving to stand up before a large hand clamped down on the outreaching hand, unyielding as she fought to free herself. Her last teardrop fell and hit the soft white sand as she whirled around, ready to fight whoever had a hold on her, chaining her from her freedom.

She held in her gasp as she saw the sky so low that the world felt small and closed off. Dark, ominous black clouds covered the sky, leaving nothing with a shadow; for the world was made in one great shadow.

The wind picked up, warning with its loud howl, like a wolf crying into the night. The air turned thick with the sweet smell of the coming storm. The first crack of lightning flashed through the air, like a serpent of brilliant light sent down to bite the earth, within seconds the rolling boom of thunder reverberated overhead. Harsh cold water splashed onto the planet without any mercy, chilling her to the bone.

But she couldn't run.

Enormous arms wrapped around her slender frame, burning chains scorched her entire body, holding her close to a hard chest.

She trembled when his hands touched her skin.

"Dance with me." A rumbling voice whispered in her ear, and he forced her body to sway from side to side. She shivered again, fear creeping into her bloodstream. She shook her head, vigorously, dark hair covered her eyes. She felt her body turn in a slow rhythmic circle.

"Dance with me, and we can pretend the world doesn't exist." He whispered again, his voice husky and dark, like whiskey, "Just you and me."

Dangerous.

Slowly, she opened her eyes, facing the sunset again, while the raging storm loomed behind her.

"How does it feel, Z? How does it feel to lose the best thing that has ever happened to you." He whispered, tucking a small piece of hair behind her ear. He pressed a kiss on the top of her head, and just as suddenly as his warmth came, he disappeared.