5

Zoe was grabbing a cup of coffee in the break room before starting her actual shift. She had already met a few co-workers already but the main ones she saw on a daily basis were Jimmy and Clark. They were two of the kindest gentleman that she had ever met. Zoe was stirring the sugar packets that was just poured into her cup, "Good Morning, Zoey!" Jimmy said as he walked into the break room to store his lunch for that afternoon. "Good Morning, Jimmy! How are you doing today?" Zoey asked as she watched him pour a cup of orange juice into a paper cup. "I'm doing well, thank you, just trying to wake up. Luckily at Mr. Luthor's event, we are going to later, I'll have a lot of work to do," Jimmy said then yawns covering his mouth. "Sounds like we have a busy day today. Who's Mr. Luthor and would you like a cup of coffee instead, it might wake you up for later?" Zoe asked him then he shakes his head, "I already had one this morning but thank you for the offering. I'm surprised it hasn't kicked in yet. Lex Luthor is the owner of LexCorp but he is also one highly intelligent gentleman. But, I fell asleep really late yesterday, Superman was rescuing a dozen firefighters yesterday from a building that was collapsing on the east of Metropolis. It appeared all over the news last night." Zoey laughs, "You stayed up to watch a cartoon last night?" When Jimmy didn't reply back she knew he wasn't kidding. "Wait, who is Superman? " Zoey said which Jimmy practically spit his orange juice out, "You don't know who Superman is? How can you not know who Superman is? He is essentially on the news and on the headlines every single day! The Daily Planet are known, we are known for stories on him. Expect, in Gotham City was he ever talked about? Wait, there was someone different, right?" Jimmy responded. "In Gotham, it was a vigilante called Batman, but I didn't know there were more super-heroes out there. Wait," Zoey recalled a man that saved her car when she was on her way here on the first day. "His hair isn't dark and perfect with a single curl...Or does he happened to wear like tight clothing that shows every perfect bicep?" Zoey said out loud as she recalled the man that saved her car from the boulder but he left very quickly. "Morning y'all, how are you doing today?" Clark asked as he walked into the room with his mug. "Clark! Zoey here didn't know who Superman was but gave a perfect description of him but I don't know about the clothing that shows off his 'perfect' muscles." Jimmy mocked her then picked up his camera to scroll through his photos. "Well, on my first day traveling to work. There was a lot of rain which caused the roads to be slippery but also the rocks on those mountains began to slide down. I didn't pay attention until this man came out of nowhere then saved my car from a huge boulder that came crashing down. It was pouring outside so I didn't get a great look at him... But I remember him well enough, but I didn't know his name. Also, my television isn't installed the right way yet. It's only been two weeks, since I'm always at work I never get the chance to actually settle in the right way, cut me a break, you guys..." Zoey said which made Clark chuckle before he quickly sipped his mug. -She thinks my biceps are perfect...?- Clark thought to himself then once he realized both Zoey and Jimmy were starring he nervously spilled his coffee when trying to lean back on the counter. "Oh, Clark, are you okay? That coffee looked like it was really hot!" Zoey said as she finds a wet towel to put on his hand that he didn't look bothered about. "I'm fine, Lois!" Clark yelped then realized what he said, "Zoey, I'm sorry I didn't mean to call you... I'm fine don't worry about my hand I've had unlucky burns." He said as he set down his mug then took the towel before he left the room to go to the restroom. Zoey frowned then watched him leave, "I didn't mean to make him upset... I think I'm going to go work on that story that Perry desires.." Zoey excused herself to her office which Jimmy nods his head.

Hours Later...

Zoey went home to change for the big party Lex Luthor was hosting for the media of Metropolis. Zoey didn't see Clark before she left since she had upset him somehow. She felt dreadful. When she arrived everyone was dressed elegantly, now she had wished that she put on the red gown that she had worn to the Gotham events. Zoe stopped walking when she noticed other reporters starring at her which made her look down at her dress then she pulled her arms to cover herself. It made sense when she realized someone was standing next to her, "I think you look stunning this evening, Miss? I'm sorry, I don't believe we have met. The name is Lex Luthor-" Lex Luthor said from beside her with his hand out to shake hers which he did. "Zoey Hernandez, nice to meet you, Mr. Luthor," Zoe said as she takes her hand back then Lex waves his hand, "please Zoey call me 'Lex.'" He was quite charming towards Zoey which made her smile. "Nice to meet you, Lex. This is quite the event you've assembled here. What's the special occasion?" Zoey asked him with a soft smile. Lex placed Zoey's hand on his arm then started to escort her towards where everyone was gathered finding their seats for his big announcement. "Well, I can tell you but that ruins the fun for everyone else. But what I can tell you is that it's going to help us all in the future against certain kinds-" Lex stopped when a familiar voice chimed in. "You look very beautiful this evening, Zoey. Oh well hello Mr. Luthor, thank you for having us today," Clark said as Jimmy snapped a picture of Zoey, Clark, and Lex all standing together. Zoey smiled softly as she looks at Jimmy as he takes their photo. Lex looked down at Zoey, " Well, welcome to Metropolis, Zoey. I'm sure we will see a lot of each other, gentlemen," Lex stated as he walks away to meet with his security team to go backstage for his occasion.

Jimmy looked at the photos that he had captured of the three,"Well, that's a first time in Daily Planet history were Lex Luthor comes to introduce himself first. Zoey, I really love your dress!" Zoey looked down at her black dress, "Thank you, I have to admit I'm beyond nervous about this event... I'm going to grab a glass of wine, I bring another one over for Clark and a coffee for you, Jimmy." Jimmy smiled then looked around for the best spot for pictures of tonight's event. Clark watched Zoey walk towards the refreshment station, she looked extraordinary. He wasn't surprised that Lex made the first move. Suddenly there was a huge gasps heard from the guests and people running over to the entrance with cameras flashing, someone big just arrived.

"MR. WAYNE!"

"OVER HERE!"

"THIS CAMERA OVER HERE!"

The press were losing their minds over his arrival since he wasn't supposed to be there. Zoey dropped the glasses of champagne when she heard Bruce's name. Clark was nearby which he quickly moved her with one arm so the champagne wouldn't ruin her dress. Zoey looked up to meet the safe eyes that were scanning her body to make sure she was unharmed. "Thank you, Clark. I am okay... Umm... I don't feel that great right now and I haven't had anything to drink. So, I think I will go home now," Zoey stuttered her words as she pats Clark's hand as he pulls away once she is all right. Bruce heard the glass shatter was already making his way over to the pair. "Zoey..." Bruce spoke then Zoey wrapped her arm around her side before turning around to meet him. "Hello, Mr. Wayne..." Zoey said but in a dispirited tone. Clark noticed that her heart rate was racing so he had to do something or step in, but it was known these two had history. "Zoey, can we please talk for a moment alone? I need to clear the air... Please don't act so formal..." Bruce said then he watched as Clark walked over to stand beside Zoey. Zoey felt like she couldn't breathe when Clark stood next to her, he snapped her out of whatever twilight zone it felt like she was in. "Zoey, please just give me at least five minutes to explain... Why don't you fetch her another champagne while we speak to each other?" Bruce directed the comment towards Clark. "Zoey, we can go... we don't have to stay the whole night..." Clark said as he ignored Bruce's rude comment then offered his arm which she put her hand on his arm to hold then Clark walked her away from Bruce. "It's going to be okay, you are safe with me...Where do you need to go...?" Clark asked softly, then Zoey softly said, "I need to go home..." Clark only manage to hear her because of his super-hearing but also caught that Zoey had started to cry. "I will take you home, he won't get to you..." Clark said softly then gave her shoulder a soft squeeze as he brought her closer. Zoey couldn't hear him over the state of shock she was in. Clark had the car pulled around then he phoned Jimmy to let him know of the situation. But he drove Zoey home without asking her any questions or judgment.