v

the following morning was groggy and slow paced. the jet lag had definitely gotten to me and it wasn't an entirely decent experience. after forcing myself to wake up, i treaded down the stairs for breakfast. the atmosphere filled with the scent of pancakes and eggs, and despite being slightly home sick, i did deeply miss my mother's breakfast.

i greeted my parents and sat down at the island countertop. my mother placed a plate of food in front of me and i gladly accepted. i began to eat as my parents chatted about quietly. alongside of that, my dog gave her best puppy eyes at me and set her head onto my lap.

she had been trained not to beg, but i'd secretly been giving her bacon under the table for years now, unbeknownst to my parents. with that, she took the bacon happily and quickly trotted away, her paws rhythmically fading as she went into the living room.

i laughed softly and was soon interrupted by my father.

"so, what plans do you have today?" he inquired.

i shrugged gently, "not sure. i'm probably gonna go visit some old landmarks that hold some memories for me and get ready for the convention."

he smiled, "okay then. oh, and by the way, your mother and i will be headed to sydney in a couple of days to go visit your aunt. unfortunately she's fallen ill and asked for your mother to be there with her until she gets better."

"aunt lily? aw, i do hope she gets better. send her my best wishes, will you?" i say.

my mother smiles gently as she chimed in, "of course we will, love. you will look after the house, won't you?"

"of course. besides, i have aurora and selena to keep me company" i smile.

       my mother simply smiles and we all finish our breakfast and start our day. i head back upstairs to go get changed when my phone suddenly pings from the dresser.

the contact showed up as "café soulmate" and i chuckled at it as i opened up the message.

café soulmate
hello r u awake and do u remember me

(y/n)
sorry i don't speak to dwarves 😩

café soulmate
i didn't ask you to attack me like this but ok

time to expose u on twitter so u can get cancelled 😤👊

(y/n)
wait no im sorry pls dont cancel me mr. souls

café soulmate
i'll consider it on one condition

(y/n)
and whats that??

café soulmate
can i see you again??

all the boys are out and mason ate all the snacks AGAIN with cam cause they got the munchies at fuckin 4am and matt and toby are off today.

pls 🥺 i am: lonely

(y/n)
a valid argument

ok then. meet me at the coffee shop then?? snacks are on me. payback for yesterday.

café soulmate
deal.

be there in 30 mins??

(y/n)
sounds good 👌
delivered at 11:27 a.m.