fifty one

The rays of the sunlight pours down from the window onto the canvas where an unfinished sketch is situated, a bright light now plastered on it. Taehyung's sat in front of it, hands gently cupping his tummy and lower lip captured between his teeth. His brows are crossed as he looks over at the artistic supplies sprawled messily on his desk, watercolour palette opened wide alongside scattered long sticks of his brushes. The splotches of dried colours on the palette are visible as he stares at it with a contemplating expression. On the other side of the table is a stack of tissues beside two jars filled with water. The room is so quiet that he could hear the faint chirps of the birds from outside.

He lightly rubs on his tum, on his green sweater. His heartbeat fastens quick and his eyes close gently when he rests his head against the canvas and sighs, realising how scared his physique is. After a few seconds more, he retreats his figure away from the canvas and leaves a breath of determination before quickly picking up his brushes and wetting them in the water, he clinks the tool on the side of the jar to get rid of the  excess water and smiles. Getting back his confidence. Giddily he then reaches out for his earphones from his art bag beside his chair and plugs them in his ears, putting on a catching song from his phone.

His brush wets the canvas fully, then he is seen working with mixing paints and picking out brushes as he splashes the canvas with his favorites. Spreading in the desired colour from the skin tone to the clothes to blurred out backgrounds, he is ecstatic as he does so.

Trying to ignore his growling stomach he continues to work, a soft admiring smile etched on his face but it hardens when a growl as big as a lion's erupts from his stomach. He couldn't help but give up and then gently rubs his stomach, eyes warm as he stares lovingly at it.

"Sorry my love," he pauses and then giggles later on as he shakes his head, "It seems weird talking to you like this baby but just maybe I might be doing this a lot more in the future."

He looks out the window and his eyes widen with astonishment. It's the early evening, Jungkook's arriving time has long passed. His husband assured him he'd be coming home early. Panicking he stumbles off his seat and flings open his room door and runs along the hallway, his senses leading him to the right, near the kitchen. The smell of food is so strong that Taehyung knew there could be someone cooking in there, his stomach growls again in approval.

He enters it with a confused expression and then he tries not to make a sound. There stood Jungkook, his muscular back in full view, an apron tied around his waist as he stirs the food in the pot on the flaming stove. Taehyung smiles softly, eyes warm and content. Tip toeing soundlessly across the room his arms then reaches out for his husband's waist and he back hugs him, resting his chin on his shoulder.

"Hi baby," he whispers lovingly and closes his eyes, feeling his warmth close. "When did you come home?"

Jungkook doesn't flinch. Instead he leans back and steals a kiss from Taehyung, planting a lingering one on his soft tan cheek. "An hour ago," he mumbles and he hears his lover gasp softly, worried eyes locking with his.

"I-i am so sorry, if I'd had-"

"Hey baby, I told you to rest. Didn't I? Need to be healthy and happy, yeah?" Taehyung nods hesitantly, "By the way, were you up with commissions again?"

Taehyung releases his hold and stands beside the buff body, looking over in the pot and then retreating his figure back. A wide smile on his face as he shakes his head in denial.

"Nope. It's something deeper. You will get to see it as soon as I'm finished," He hums and clasps his stomach, looking down on it again, "I hope our baby likes it too."

Jungkook quickly swivels his head to look at his husband, eyes filled with moisture and hands clammy as he then lunges on him, burying his nose on Taehyung's collarbones. Taehyung's eyes widen in surprise.