It is better for it to be an oops instead of a what if

*HOPE POV*

I look back, scared and see Dave. Oh no. I go up to him, "Dave I can explain. Clint's and I are just hanging out.". He rolls his eyes, "I thought your curfew was 4:59.". Clint shakes his head, "Let me handle this, Hope.". He takes Dave outside. I can tell that they're arguing.

Marline looks at me, "Clint really cares for you, you know that?". I nod my head, "Marline I need your advice, I like Clint. I try to get him off my mind, so I went on a date with Dave. But I still can't stop liking him, what do I do?". She motions me to a table, "My advice is to tell him. I really think Clint likes you too. Ever since you were kids I could tell.". I start crying, "What if he doesn't like me back? It would end this friendship. This friendship is very important to me...". She hugs me, "Hope stop asking what if. You know it's better for it to be an oops than a what if. Also confessing could lead to something amazing.".

She was right. We hug and she gets me tissues. She smiles, "When you are ready to confess, own it.". Clint walks in and Marline runs to the counter like we never talked and grabs our ice cream.

Clint has a black eye. I look at him and hug him. "Dave is a douchebag you know that right?". I nod, "I'm well aware now."

*CLINT POV*

The fight with Dave was really dumb. The jackass punched me and gave me a black eye, but I gave him two black eyes. I hope Hope realizes I put myself out there for her, and the fact I truly care for her. I wish I wasn't in the bet, I don't want to sleep with her. I just don't want Dave to sleep with her.

The problem is that I have to record a tape for proof. I wish it was get her underwear because that'd be easy, and I wouldn't have to sleep with her. I really want to see Hope denying him though. That'd be funny as fuck.

Marline comes over with our ice cream and winks at Hope. I wonder what that means.

We eat our ice cream in complete silence. Hope takes a deep breath and looks at me, "I need to tell you something, Clint.".

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

WHAT DOES HOPE HAVE TO TELL CLINT? Find out Thursday!!!

ALSO I'M COMING OUT WITH A BRAND NEW STORY TOMORROW!