9

6 months later...

It was the first day of the summer holidays. Buffy, Andi and Cyrus had said their goodbyes at the gate. A very dejected TJ came by, later on, dragging his feet along, his green eyes were uncharacteristically dull.

"Swings?" Cyrus asked simply, tilting his head. When they were younger, it was always the place that the two found solace in.

Although they were now both 16 years of age, childish memories always brought them comfort.

Cyrus looked deep into TJ's eyes with his deep brown ones until tear stains adorned TJ's sculpted cheekbones. Instinctively, Cyrus positioned his friend's head on his shoulder and rubbed his back up and down.

"Kira has someone else. I've known for a long time deep down. I just pushed it away because I thought that she would be the only one that would ever love me. I'm not the guy that you remember. I wish I was. Cyrus, I'm a fraud," He said, his voice cracking and trembling while he spoke.

"I don't care who you think you are. I know who you are. And I always will. But you don't know who I am, because I've been so scared to tell you. In case you see me differently. I'm gay." Cyrus blurted out, a widespread look of panic plastered onto his small face.

"Muffin, you're still the same Little Muffin to me and you always will be." TJ said without missing a beat.

"TJ, Kira knows. She asked me to leave you alone and she swore that she'd tell people if I didn't. I'm scared." He said, tears welling up in his eyes. In moments like this, Cyrus looked even smaller.