Bonus Chapter: Alternative Ending

I'll Never Love Again • Lady Gaga

"When we first met
I never thought that I would fall
I never thought that I'd find myself
Lying in your arms
And I want to pretend that it's not true
Oh baby, that you're gone
'Cause my world keeps turning, and turning, and turning
And I'm not moving on"

New Year's Eve
2019

Mel's feet shuffled as he stood, he wasn't nervous, not that he'd admit it. He was trying to keep his composure, but for some reason, all he could think of was Amora saying 'no'.

Running his hand through his hair, Mel entered the house. It was Jean's annual New Years' party, he couldn't believe that it had been a year since he met Amora.

As he looked around, Mel couldn't seem to spot Amora, she loved being as she called it, "fashionably late".

"Hey, Melchizedek! How've you been?" Arianne asked Mel with a warm smile, she really liked Mel, he was so good to Amora.

Mel cracked a small smile at Arianne, he liked her, she brought his angel into the world, and she wasn't a close-minded idiot like her husband.

"I've been good, how was Christmas?" The small talk went on for a few more minutes, and Mel dismissed himself from the conversation and went to the bar.

It wasn't a surprise to him that Henry was the bartender. "How's it going man? You look nervous!" Mel stared at Henry with an aggravated look. He was not nervous.

"I need a drink, Henry." Henry rolled his eyes at the celebrity and poured his drink.

"So, why so nervous?" Mel sighed and put his head in his hands.

"I'm not nervous, I'm just thinking." Henry smiled at Mel, he was so nervous.

"Well, Mr. "I'm not nervous," whatever you're nervous about, you'll be fine." Mel cracked a small smile at Henry, he wasn't nervous, but he heeded the advice.

Mel looked out in the crowd, hoping to see Amora. She was good at hiding from him now, or maybe she was still upstairs. Either way, he needed to see her.

A few more minutes passed, and Henry was talking Mel's ears off. He was going on about some woman he met at his university, Mel didn't bother to fake interest. All he wanted was Amora.

He found her. Getting up from his seat, his eyes followed his beautiful woman, she looked amazingly beautiful.

Walking over to her, Mel sent a message to the DJ. It was time for his plan.

The song playing changed to the same love song that was played one year ago, the song they danced to.

Amora smiled at the song, she loved it. Turning around, Amora came face to face with a handsome dark-haired man. Amora took his hand and they began to dance.

They danced to the song without a care in the world, Amora had a feeling that she was going to spend her life with this man.

"If you love me won't you say something. If you love me won't you. Love me, won't you."