Seventeen- Andy

Pain; burning hot, white, searing pain.

That is all I could properly register, all I could feel.

I felt myself drifting in and out of consciousness, when I blearily tried to blink my eyes open all I was met with was pain. Pain to send me back into the nothingness.

Just because all my senses were numbed by the pain, it didn't mean I couldn't hear. I heard Rye's bursts of fury, his struggle. I could hear his heart breaking from here. Despite being only half-conscious. Every time I submitted to the darkness, I was brought out again to face a searing pain which just sent me right back into the swirl of nothingness.

For a moment I was able to blink open my eyes and see the scene in front of me, Sonny looking horrified and guilty. Holding onto an equally guilty-looking Rye. But something had changed in Rye's eyes, a broken look. He looked as if he was about to break down aswell. His struggle had ceased and he knelt, powerless and unable to save me. Seeing me, being broken physically was breaking him mentally.

I struggled, in the moments I had control of my body, I tried to get away. The attempts must have looked ridiculous. I mean, escape from this was impossible. He was straddling me, looking down with rage and hatred I had never seen before. Each time I tried to put my arms up to block the persistent rain of punches he merely shoved them out of the way and continued.

But despite the futility of the fighting back, I did it for him. I could not stand to see him look so broken, he must blame himself. So I have to keep fighting for as long as I can. For him.

Out of nowhere, literally nowhere. A blur of dirty-blond hair streaks across my view. The pressure on top of me was removed and the punches stopped.

Brook.

That wonderful idiot.

How he had known where to find me I have no idea, but, weakly I turned to face Rye and managed to force a smile. I have to stay strong. I must. From the light doorway, two more faces enter the hubbub of madness. The arrival of Jack and Mikey answered my question of how Brook knew. He must have run through the halls screaming. I owed him big time. I would be dead now if he had not been so stupidly brave and charged at the bully sat on top of me.

I hear a very loud "FUCK" and heavy breathless tread run away from us. Harvey must have run. It seemed as if all of the boys chose that moment to turn on him. I had seen Sonny land a few punches saying something along the lines of;

"You can leave my sister alone!" Before returning to messing up his face a bit more. Jack had phoned the police and an ambulance while Mikey subdued Brook and Rye. Rye just held me. I have fallen into unconsciousness before, but never one like this. I can't speak. I can't move. I can't open my eyes. I feel a single tear slick trough the mess on my face. But I can hear and I sure as hell can feel. The pain I could feel was unimaginable.

I hear the sound of sirens growing closer and closer until they were almost deafening. But I welcomed the noise. I wanted to be with the noise. Maybe if I stopped fighting and gave in, everything could be peaceful. All the voices and noises and pain, it would all disappear. I could be free of torment and suffering. Free from judgment. Free from the constant threat of my father looming over me.

I was so close to just shutting myself off from the noise, to just stopping altogether. When a voice whispered in my ear;

"I've got you. I am so sorry, this is all my fault. If I had just stayed with you. Andy, please don't give up. please" The soft voice began to beg and sob. The soft voice pushed through the pain and the noise and gave me the strength to keep on fighting. I pushed away from the peacefulness I wanted so much, and instead focused on the soft words of the one I loved the most.

As I felt myself come closer to the surface, I tried again to open my eyes.

I couldn't.

I couldn't move.

I was terrified.

---------------------------------------------

helloo everyone

Just here, hoping you are enjoying, as usual. A tad shorter, but I really do not want to have useless bits in there xx

thanks for reading/voting etc.

till' next time,

B x