Prologue

???'s POV

My time's almost up. I know it. I need to be fast now, before I decay and disappear. Before I can find peace.
He approaches, I back away as I try to get more time.

Time, I'm missing time. I've always missed it. Is this surely my end?
I gather my energy, all my strength I've got left, and prepare for my final and last move.
He smiles, he doesn't know yet. I'll show him.
As he reaches out, for that precious object, I pretend to be afraid. Pretend to be scared, weak.

Distracting is the best method I've taught to my pupils. Make your opponent focus on something else than the thing you don't want them to focus on. Hide a small detail in a big movement. Make them believe they got the upper hand, and strike when they don't expect it.
He had never been a good student.

Ah, I think he has noticed. A bad student, but clever and cautious. I'll have to do it now.
I never thought time would run out this fast, I haven't even been able to meet her. It's a shame, really.

Dear, it will be hard and confusing for you, but as the prophecy has foretold, you will come through as the strongest of us all. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I won't be able to guide you.

He shields his face with his hands as I charge. Light explodes, and we're all blinded. Loudly cursing, he tries to find shelter, only to find the stone wall.
I smile. I know it won't be enough to kill him, it'll only hold him back. But that's enough, time is the only thing that matters now.
The light dims and I sit down, content with my work; he's gone.

I sigh, one last time, and with that sigh I slowly disappear, become one with Mother nature.

A butterfly leaves the scene, carrying an utter important task with her.