Chapter 2

???'s POV

I come by again. How long has it been?
I struggle getting up, fall down once. Someone grumbles. It's a raw, low sound, and I realize it comes from my own throat.

I try stretching and retracting my fingers. They're stiff, and blue-ish.
I feel the presence of *her*. It's faint, but I'm sure of it. Damn it. I need to gather more energy.
Someone sees me, their face seems startled as it is barely visible by the street lantern lights. "Are you okay?"

The voice rings through the night, seeping with worry.
I crawl over to them. Before the person can comprehend it, I stab them with my nails. Grimacing. After all these years, they still work perfectly fine.
They seem to want to scream, but I cover their mouth with my other hand. I see she's a girl - in her mid-thirties, in fact - as she collapses.

I get up, as I crack my knuckles, notice they aren't blue anymore. It won't take long. It's just a matter of time.
I walk away, and the corpse of the naive girl disappears without a trace with a snap of my fingers.

Third person POV

The days after the incident with the butterfly flashed by, nothing more but a haze to Evie.
She'd lay in bed, day and night, asleep. Deeply stuck in a dream. Or a nightmare?
She heated up, clammy due to an upcoming fever.
Louisa, who'd gotten a panick attack after seeing Evie not wake up within the first few hours, had contacted Evie's parents. They had stood in front of the house in 30 minutes, despite the fact that both of them were at working.
Evie's mother had smiled, although her face was written over with worry, and Evie's father had nodded, both as a token of thankfulness. They had taken off quickly after that, to tuck Evie in.

The next day, when she still hasn't woken up, without eating or drinking at all for more than 12 hours, they'd rushed her over to the hospital, where she was taken care off by nurses. Now, she was surrounded by small tubes and cables, and two worried sick parents, of which the amount of sleep they had gotten the past days wasn't all that much.

Evie was floating in a deep void of darkness for a long time now. She had called for help, tried to get away and simply examined everything. Nothing helped.
She had to get away. She didn't know why or how she had to, but she felt something coming closer, consistently, sneakily, quietly. Dangerously fast.
"Help!" she yelled, once again.
Where even was she?
She felt a sharp sting in her neck. At the same time, her mark started glowing. What was happening?

The nurses and guards had desperately tried to stop her. A few minutes ago, a teenage girl had suddenly barged in the hospital and demanded to see the room where "the one" was in.

She had looked fierce, with her red hair tied into two pigtails, face half covered with a black mouthcap and, most importantly, armed with a bat.

Since nobody had understood what she was talking about, she simply entered the elevator, ignoring the panicked calls from the receptionists.
She had went all the way up and smashed the emergency button at some floor, for some unknown reason.
Stepping out, while scaring all the employees, she walked past all the rooms, until she stopped at one, looking satisfied.
The red-haired girl had went in the room, despite the fact that some guards had called her back and some doctors had tried to stop her.

She looked at the hospitalised girl, and walked over. Placing her hand on the other's forehead, she closed her eyes. Took a deep breath, as if bracing herself.

Evie woke up with a slight gasp. Noticing the other girl, she backed away, as much as she could in the bed.
"What's happening? Why am I here? And why-" She placed a hand on the back of her neck. "Why am I hurting? .. Who are you?"

The mysterious girl glanced at her.
"I'm the one who has the answer to all your questions."

___________________________
Author's note:
Big thanks and a shout-out to my friend Ella for allowing me to use her oc Sunny (The red haired girl)!
Her Instagram is @derpyunicorn , give it a visit and show her some love!