The Beginning of The End: JiU

It was a dark night. Far in an estate, isolated from any house, the summer heat hits little JiU really hard, making her grew restless.

"Ah... It's really hot, tonight."

She slid down her bed and went to get her bottle of water on her study. She always bring a bottle of water whenever she went to bed, especially during summer. Summer heat in Europe really get to her, and little JiU really cannot stand the heat. A pity, for every kids summer is the time they look forward to. Holidays, playing outside with friends, swimming.

But not for JiU. She hates summer. One, she couldn't stand the heat. Two, friends? None. Her only friends is her parent, her nanny; Mrs Schnieder, and her baby sister, Gahyeon.

"I miss Gahyeon. Why didn't Papa and Mama let Gahyeon go with us to Japan tomorrow?", she muttered to herself.

Her parent's action confused her. JiU and Gahyeon are really inseperable. There was once where JiU skipped her afternoon class just to go to Mrs Schnieder's house to see and play with Gahyeon. Just imagine how shocked her parent were when thr nanny called them on what had happened. She still remembered how her father screamed on top of his lungs at her for skipping her classes for a really stupid reason.

Just when she was about to go back to bed, she heard screaming downstairs. Her father's. And something breaking. Just when she about to open the door, her mother stormed in, panic on her face.

"JiU!! Come!! And don't make a sound!", she whispered in panic.

She grabbed JiU's little hand and brought her to her father's study room. She quickly locked the door behind her and frantically searching the bookcase. She pulled a book and suddenly a section of the bookcase opened.

"Mama, what's going on?", JiU asked, scared.

"Shh!! Hush do-", her mother's words got cut off. The doorknob's rattled, and someone outside were trying to kick the door down.

"JiU, hurry! Get inside here, and don't make a sound!".

The look of terror was so visible in her mother's face, making JiU almost cried. Her mother realised it and relaxed her face a little. She smiled and said,

"Hurry, love. Get inside. Don't worry, everything's fine."

If only she knew what her mother's words actually meant. JiU nodded and silently crawled into the hidden space in the bookcase. The door was almost knocked down. The people outside were screaming. She looked at JiU, with a pained smile in her face,

"JiU, Mama love you. Whatever you  do or whatever happens, keep silent and don't make a sound. Promise Mama, okay?"

JiU nodded in silent, her eyes started to tear up. What is happening? She could'nt make sense of any of it. Her mother smiled and the bookcase closed.

The door went down and three men rushed in. They quickly scanned the room and eased themselves.

"Hello, Mrs Kim. Good to finally meet you", one of the men greeted Mrs Kim with a husky voice.

"Who the hell are you?! Where's my husband?", Mrs Kim yelled. Her eyes frantically searched amongst the men for a sight of her husband.

"Oh, Mr Kim? Emm... He.. well. It's hard to explain but to make things short, here." The man with a black face mask snickered and threw something on the floor. Mrs Kim immediately cried at the sight of it.

"OPPA!!" she cried out and went down to her knees.

"Sorry, but yeah. Order's order. The method is irrelevant, as long the result is positive", the man with a cap on sneered.