Chapter Thirty: Goodbye Barrier

Bella's pov

I stared at the Isle not so far away knowing Uma and the others were back there working to make a living or starving from not having any food. They didn't deserve being there while we were here with more food then we could handle and wearing the fanciest of dresses just for some party.

" Hey." I heard and felt Carlos's arms around me." You okay ?"

" Yeah." I lied taking my attention away from the Isle and smiled at him." Just thinking."

" About the isle ?"

I nodded my head when the music played down below. I smiled walking over to the seeing Mal and Ben come from the tunnel waving to the people. I smiled taking my place next to my parents and with Carlos at my side. Just like Ben had Mal by his side, I told everyone I wanted Carlos by my own. I could already tell he was going to be Male of the court one day and we would throw another cotillion, but it wasn't like anyone was complaining.

" Hi." Mal giggled walking up the stairs and taking her place next to Ben by the edge of the balcony.

" Lady Mal and I wanna thank you for celebrating the announcement of our engagement with us today." Ben spoke causing the people to cheer loudly. I smiled still not believing my brother was going to get married. I was going to be a bridesmaid and watch him marry to Mal. Who ever knows in how many years I could be an Aunt and I would be grown enough to perhaps have a wedding of my own. We all were no longer kids.

" I couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my Queen. So...raise your glasses. To our future Queen of Auradon.

" To our Queen of Auradon !" The crowd cheered sipping on their drinks.

" Speech, Your Special-ness." Carlos teased next to me.

" Speech, Your Fancy One." Jay taunted holding his drink high in the air down below next to Evie and Doug.

I smiled at Mal watching her more closer to the edge when her smile slowly dropped and she looked down to the people sadden.

" I can't." She announced causing a wave of gasp." I can't be Queen of Auradon."

" Mal ?" I questioned walking closer over to the couple.

" I can't turn my back on the isle" She whispered to Ben and I turning to the crowd next." We made a decision...to close the barrier forever." She announced hearing multiple gasp." And it was my idea. But it's wrong. I've learned...that you can't live in fear...because it doesn't actually protect you from anything. You never know where the bad is gonna come from. And you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either. Without Uma and her pirates, Auradon would be gone. And without Hades...my father.

Again a round of gasp came from the crowd and I smiled at Mal's bravery to let out her secret." Audrey would be gone." She continued." We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from. And that's why I can't be Queen of just Auradon. I have to be Queen of the Isle, too. And it's time that we take the barrier down forever."

" We can't do that." King Adam declared

" It's up to us, Dad." Ben argued before glancing at me." Bella too."

" Ben." I called not being able to control my excitement." What are you saying ?"

" I choose to be a King who moves forward. It's time for forgiveness. It's time for new beginnings. The barrier will come down !"