Chapter 8

------

  The moment they arrive at the mall, her eyes widen, she can't even remember the last time she was here. But she's almost certain that it wasn't this big when she was. They've added onto the big building and there are so many signs pointing in the different directions for the shops they are advertising.

  Ichiji finds a decent parking space, since hardly anyone in town enjoys going to the mall when it rains, and grabs his umbrella, "You ready?"

  "We're just clothes shopping right? What do I have to be ready for?" she grabs hers as well and steps out of the car, pressing the button to release the top of the umbrella. The smell of the rain making her take a deep breath while she waits for the red-haired man to follow her out of the car.

  "True enough," he sighs out after he walks around the car and looks at her, "I guess you have a point. There isn't anything to worry about... except maybe running into some girls from our class. They seemed pretty angry with you when you hit me."

  "Rich, hot, new guys," she rolls her eyes, starting to the entrance they're closest to. "Always take the girls' hearts away."

  "I get you calling me the rich and new," he walks up beside her, staring at her intently. "But you think I'm hot?"

  "Oh my god," she laughs, which causes him to furrow his eyebrows. "That's such a cliché thing to say."

  "What can I say? I'm full of clichés," he shrugs and when the reach the entrance and put down their umbrellas, he turns to her. "But don't avoid my question. Do you think I'm attractive?"

  "Well, physically, I'd have to say that your face is... attractive, but I still don't know if I would classify you as hot. I don't know you well enough to say anything," she shrugs, feeling her face heat up slightly due to the embarrassment. That should teach her to speak before she thinks.

  The corners of his mouth slightly raise, "You at least think I'm attractive, I'll call that a win."

  Before she has time to react, he reaches out and grabs the umbrella out of her hand, "I'll be taking that from you."

  "Why?" she questions, but makes no movement towards retrieving the object. "I mean, I just don't understand what you get from taking it."

  "Why, (Y/N)? It's simple," he trails in front of her, refusing to turn around before he continues speaking. "Because if I didn't, then you could say the chivalry is dead. And I don't want that."

  "Well, thanks I guess," she picks up her pace to catch back up with him. "So... clothes shopping, I haven't done that in a while. Where do we even start?"

  "Anywhere you wish," he gives her a smile. "We have the rest of the day to do all you wish."

  "I'd like to go home before my father gets there," she lets her eyes wander over all the stores. "But at the same time, it seems like that might not be possible."

  "It's okay, I'll be sure to get you home on time," he turns to look at her, something about the look in his eyes makes her believe him. 

  He's too charismatic for her own good, even someone like her, who willingly tries to distance herself seems to be struggling saying no. She knows she should, he's too sketchy. No sane person would give her so much money and ask for nothing in return. No ordinary person would choose her.

  "You okay?" his hand waving in front of face brings her back to reality. "You looked spaced there. Are you really that worried about your father? Even though he scares you... honestly."

  "No, that's not what I was thinking about," she forces a smile, though she's sure he can see right through it. He saw through the makeup and that's more put together then her fake-ass smile. "I was simply thinking about why you chose me. Why this is happening. I just don't understand."

  There's a moment of silence, it feels like it lasts an eternity. She almost feels as though he's gonna explode and tell her to walk home. Demand everything he gave her back. She'd give it back. She doesn't feel entitled to have it anyway.

  "Well, I could tell you that it's because I find you interesting. And whether or not that's a lie, it's not the entire truth. You hit me, and no one's quite done that before, there's more to it," he looks at her out of the corner of his eye. "Broken people, tend to be able to spot other broken people. And I believe that's why. You simply remind me... of me."

  "I doubt that," she laughs, shaking her head. "I mean, I don't sense the fact that you're broken. A bit off maybe. And I certainly don't see myself as broken."

  "That's because, I'm in more pieces than you," he reaches his hands out to the sky, stretching out his back. "You're in two pieces, I think... I'm in about 5,000 different shards. There's no amount of time or glue that could put me back together. So what you see, is a small part of me. While I can look at you, and see that you're cracked in half. If that makes any sense."

  "I suppose?" she tilts her head to the side before he grabs her hand and pulls her into a store. "Hold on, you're moving too fast!"

  "I'm just trying to get you home before your dad finds out I snuck you away," he whispers in her ear, the distance he closed between them in the few seconds causing her heart to skip a few beats.

  Trying on outfit after outfit drains her energy. But they laugh together and it causes her to forget her worries. If only for a short matter of time. But it was at least fun. And heaven knows, they both need more of it in their lives.