1

Kellin's POV:

Pounding headache? Check. Little recognition of where I was or what happened the night before? Check. Who was that in the shower? I didn't know. And God, I swore the sun wasn't so close five seconds ago and it pained me to see. Yeah, this was the aftermath of a good night out.

I squinted in the sunlight to try and see who the culprit was of waking me up on a...Sunday? Was it Sunday? No, wait, it was Saturday. I saw two figures at the end of my bed and I didn't even need to see them to know who one was.

"Fuck, mom. Close the fucking curtains." I groaned and pulled the blankets over my head.

"That's no way to speak to me when we have a guest." My mom's prim and proper voice spoke.

"Then tell them to close the curtains." I whined.

"I'm not your maid." The new voice said.

Wait, I knew that voice, vaguely though. I peeked over the gold, satin sheets. My thought was confirmed.

"Vic? Is it Christmas already?" I asked.

"No..." He started, sounding aggravated.

"Then there's no reason for me to up before noon." I said and buried myself within the sheets once more.

"It's two in the afternoon and I've come to talk to you about this." My mom said.

Something landed on me. I sighed and pushed the sheets back, feeling around until I found what it was; a magazine.

"You're in the tabloids. Again!" She explained.

There I was on the front page, stumbling out of a limo with a joint between my fingers. My eyes were blood shot and if there was a definition of "derp" in the dictionary, my picture would be next to it.

"Ugh. They really got my bad side." I said in disgust and tossed the magazine back on the bed.

I looked up at Vic. I hadn't seen him in months. He was looking good, for a poor person at least. He smiled that cocky little "you're in trouble and I'm not" smile.

"You need to take this seriously, Kellin. I can't have you wandering around the streets looking like this!" Mom exclaimed dramatically.

"It could be worse. I could've gotten someone pregnant." I said.

"I wouldn't be surprised." Mom murmured as she flicked her long, platinum blonde hair behind her back.

"I would." I snorted in laughter.

"This isn't a laughing matter. When you're in the tabloids it affects me and your father." She said.

"He's not-," I stopped, biting my tongue. I didn't want to speak about that.

"Whatever. So, I got high last night. Who cares?" I asked.

I laid back in bed, sighing. I couldn't count how many times I've gotten this lecture from my mom. She always forgot about it a few days later anyway. She knew she couldn't control me.

"I care, and I'm putting a stop to it." She said firmly.

"Are you now?" I asked, bored.

"Yes. Vic is here to help." She said proudly.

"Vic...Vic...hmm...where do I know that name from?" I pondered, "Oh yeah, I remember. He's that guy that moved out the second he turned eighteen and only comes back for Christmas and thanksgiving because he hates our entire family. Yeah, yeah, that name rings a bell."