IX

Time stopped as he thrust out his hands and power escaped his fingertips. I made eyecontact with James, and he had a look of fear on his face...I couln't imagine what I looked like.

You have to get up, he told me mentally.

I dont have the strength you did to defeat him, I whispered, I could already feel myself fading into nothingness.

James smiled, you think I was any stronger than you when I fought him, he said softly. Its not about strength, you dont need that...its about love. It took the life of my best friend to defeat this thing, dont you dare let it take the lives of all of them. Your people need you Alia, if you dont get up right now, they will all die.

The words that Hiccup had told me rang through my head over and over again...Love is a great thing you know...but with love, comes pain. With love comes sacrifice, but in the end it's all worth it. There is no better gift...than love. I finally understood those words. I fought through the pain that was caused when I stood, and as time went back to normal I summoned every last ounce of power I had left within me, to create a forcefield around my family.

Dragniers fireball slammed into the shield, and harmlessy flowed around it. I ran towards him and picked up my sword, and he drew his. I swung my blade in an upwards arc, his went the opposite. Thunder roared as our blades met, and Dawn roared. Dragnier swung at my left flank and I deflected his blow, then I slammed into him and knocked him back a couple of feet. I summoned my power and it extended to the tip of my blade. I lept into the air, and as I flipped hit his blade which flew out of his hands and into a wall.

He retreated back and yanked his blade out and we exchanged a flurry of blows. He grabbed my hand and threw me into a column of stone and I smashed though it. I stood and charged towards him, he gave me a nasty grin and turned towards James who had gone unconscious. He lounged towards him, and I yelled.

"NO!" I ran forward and threw my sword at Dragnier, and it spun in the air towards him. It sliced through his hand and went into the wall. I jumped forward and kicked him and the face, then grabbed his own sword and drove it through his heart and into the wall behind him. There he hung, and grabbed my arm. He stared into my eyes, blood starting to trickle from the corner of his lip.

"You are strong," he whispered, "worse it yet to come to this place. Once the Old Ones rise you will all be doomed, keep peace while you can...because soon the dragons will perish-" he coughed, "and so will the Riders."

Once the life had drained from his eyes I yanked out the blade and drove it into the floor. "May peace be restored to you," I whispered, then grabbed my sword. I changed it back into a rune, and hung it around my neck. I turned to see Hiccup helping James to his feet. James shot me a smile,

"I knew you could do it," he said.

"What do we do now," Astrid asked, and looked at me. Even Hiccup the chieftan of Berk gave me his attention.

"Lets get out of here," I told them, and the couple began eyeing my armor.

"Not bad Gobber," they said to the old man.

"Lets get out of here," I said, "I know just where to go."

"This doesn't seem right," Ruffnut yelled, "when you said new place I didn't know our old home."

"This is perfect Alia," Hiccup said.

"Berk is the only place I could think of," I said, "wild dragons can roam the forests, ours can live with us in the village."

"Should've done that before instead of having all of them in the village," Astrid whispered. Their children flew with them,

"Welcome home!" I yelled, and the vikings cheered. And Dawn and I flew towards the island with everyone following us.

"This is Berk, here it snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three. Dragons live here in peace now that the Hidden World's secret has been exposed. You might be wondering, who are the Old Ones, well, lets just say thats off the table for now. The people here aren't your average people either, you have blacksmiths, breadmakers, you them all, and anyone can be anything. But it takes someone special to be a dragon rider, you have to be smart, determined, and you have to protect those you love. It will be a hard task, and you will come across some bad people, but there will always be someone there by your side because we have something no one else has...some people have unicorns, or birds, cats, and dags, oh but we have something so much better, we have OUR DRAGONS!"

Riders Tale of Titans

The Riders will return...