Chapter 1: found something!

18January 2028

Woooow! I can't believe I found my diary! It disappeared for years after I started at high school. Well... Looks like I've got a lot to tell... I'll start where we last left off.

Last time I wrote something in here, I was about 14! You probably won't believe this, but by the time I finished middle school, Mackenzie had to go to the principle's office, because one of the teachers finally had enough of her being a bully.

When she got to the principle's office, she started yelling and throwing a tantrum like a 3 year old. She started saying things like "it's not my fault that she's a loser! I mean... SOMEone here has to be honest! And she stole my guy! He doesn't deserve a freak like HER!"

Right there on the spot, she was expelled. I was shocked, I'll admit it, but relieved to say the very least!

I went to high school, finished freshman year and found out that Brandon, sweet Brandon, joined me in this hell hole of labels and popularity.

When Jordan told me, I immediately started looking for him. Maybe a tad bit aggressively? I ran down the halls screaming his name. You could imagine the jump for joy I got when I heard his voice calling my name in response.

I stumbled onto the end of the Math hall, seeing Brandon at the other end. A big grin spread over his face as he ran straight towards me.

I tossed myself into his welcoming embrace, receiving a rib-crushing hug in return. "I missed you so much." I said and planted a big fat kiss on his forehead. He looked back at me and gave a smile I haven't seen in a long time.

"Why did you come here?" I asked, still in his embrace. Brandon chuckled. "I came back for my best friend, you silly cow!" He said as he wiped my tears away. I giggled against his shoulder.

You wouldn't believe how many butterflies were in my stomach when he asked me out on a date a month later! We went to watch a movie that turned out to be disappointing, since it was in Swedish and the subtitles were German.

We left early so that we could go for a stroll in the park, while the sun was still up. I squealed as he picked me up bridal style and threw me into the lake! Thank goodness I wasn't wearing any makeup! I was really pissed, but not for long because I pulled him in with me.

He popped up right behind me, scaring the crap out of me, but then we both ended up giggling. After a while, we started splashing each other like five year olds, until he LITERALLY begged for mercy.

I stopped, and laughed at my victory. We finally got out, and sat on the grass to dry off. While we sat there, I did the bravest thing I have ever done in my whole life. I stared into his eyes, and he stared into mine. I caught him glancing down at my lips and blushing, which I took as a signal.

I leaned in, slowly, and planted a shy kiss on his lips. His lips were warm and tender, and he smelled like cologne and books. It was a truely thrilling scent.

As I pulled back, I giggled and bit my lip. He blushed and looked right into my eyes.

We started dating for the rest of high school. We even went to prom together! My heart broke when I found out that he was going to a different university. We both agreed that we should break up before uni, because distant relationships don't last.

When I got to uni, guess who was there... That's right! No one other than the devil's own sister, Mackenzie Hollister. On the side of her face, she had a scar running from her temple to her cheek.

I came up to her, and I put my hands on my hips, mimicking the movements she constantly performed for me all those years ago. "Long time no see, Mackenzie." I said. She turned her head to look at me, her eyes filled up with hatred and rage, but then they softened with sadness.

She grabbed me into a hug, sobbing over my shoulder like a baby. Somehow I found myself hugging her back, despite all the years of abuse and taunting I endured by her hand.