Mistake #2

" I thought I was moving on, Until one day someone asked me
' if you had one wish, what would it be? ' and the first thing I thought of, was to waste that wish on you".. - anonymous

Gizelle's POV

The days were regular as I knew I'd come to face the same bullshit.. everyday. Seeing Tymir and his girlfriend in the hallways and on certain days in the same class as I, always made me sick to my stomach. I forced myself to look away when they entered the hallways with their bullshit.

Everything was bullshit to me. But I soon occupied my mind onto a boy I was introduced to on the first day. He was my type on one condition; being tall. Every day I seen him or the other way around, we'd hug. I loved tall niggas. Tymir wasn't as tall as him but he was taller than me and that was all that mattered.

"I feel like you and Tymir would be more cute together" Rashawn said popping his gum. I imagined the two of us being like how he was with his girl and I felt the pit of my stomach turn as I knew it was too good to be true.

"Maybe one day you'll have that chance"

I sighed and scrolled on my phone with a smal pout. Rashawn shoved the shit out of my shoulder. "Girl, don't be pressed over that nigga. You're the first pretty new girl I've come across that can actually get any nigga in here. You better flaunt that big booty and curve you got to go along with that pretty face! act like you know!" He snapped with a goofy smile which made me smile but I knew he was serious even if he couldnt keep a straight face.

All my life I've dealt with boys that were low of my standards, going through drama and arguments just because I didn't know how to pick a good nigga. "He'll be single soon and I bet he'll snipe you first" Rashawn said with a grin as we walked side by side down the hall.

We glanced at Tymir and his girl and I soon felt the heat rise from my insides. I had to have him one way or another. But I wasn't about to stay pressed onto this boy's situation.

I swallowed my thoughts while we passed them and proceeded to class. Before I could enter the class, Rashawn tugged at my arm making me jolt back and give him a credulous look. I kept my widened eyes on him as he did the same.

"What nigga?" I asked stomping my foot.

"Bitch he was looking at you".
My heart raced and a smile snuck onto my face. Rashawn laughed at me and began walking away. I stood there for a quick second before whisper yelling for him to come back.

"What bitch?"

"How was he staring at me?"

He sighed and as extra as he was, reinacted the whole scene I missed. He stood in one position, saying this was them. Then acting out us walking by before going back to the first position.

"Come in the class" My teacher said from inside the doorway.

"And then he lifted his head from the ground and his eyes landed on you and he never took his eyeballs off you even when you walked into the stair way" with that information, I knew my fantasies of being with him would soon come true.

But it was gonna take time. Lots of it. By the end of the day I huffed in annoyance while going to my seat.

;

"Bitch what's in your coochie now?" Rashawn asked boring his eyes into mine. I rolled them. "When is he gon break up with that bitch!?" I yelled but only loud enough for him to hear. "Girl, take your mind off him and soon enough the nigga gon come to you".

I relaxed myself, looking around the long cafeteria as people stood in line for their food or ate away like they hadn't ate in days. Soon, Tymir came into sight walking in a straight line to the other side of the building. His eyes never landed on me but I was okay with that. I could stare all I want.