(2) Alleyways

Stan's P.O.V.

"Hey, kid, you know the usual, you got the money?" I heard coming from a deep alleyway. I turned and saw Rick. A guy who I always bought drugs from. I did way too much last night, nearly all night, but I couldn't turn him down.

"Yeah," I said, withdrawing the $10 from my pocket as he gave me the ziplock mini-bag filled with pre-crushed pills. I decided to start up a brief conversation with him.

"So, Rick, how's life?" I asked, sliding down against the brick wall, beside him. Rick was around 37, and had a home, but his wife was abusive, so he spent his free time here, selling drugs for a living as a full time job.

"Eh, y'know, Angel being a bitch. I haven't been home in a week now. I'm surprised you couldn't tell. I haven't taken a shower since.. last time I was home. And you see that dumpster over there?" He asked, pointing to the filled dumpster with pizza boxes and assorted trash.

I nodded in agreement for him to continue. "It's been my bed AND meal ticket." He said in a sorrowful response.

I took out my pocket knife that had a little old blood from my cut wrists and handed it to him. No worries, it was closed.

"Go home and stab that bitch if she yells at you and hop in the shower." I encouraged him, nudging his elbow. He sighed and looked down at the knife.

He suddenly flicked it open to see if it was a fake knife, but was surprised when he saw dried blood on it. "Kid," He started. I knew what he was gonna say, but I played clueless. "Hmm?" I replied.

"What did I tell you about cutting?" "That's mouse blood." I joked. Rick gave me a dead serious look. "I'm serious, Kid.. I know you better than that" He sighed.

"Fine. I was just thinking about things, and that happened." I sheepishly explained, pulling up my left sleeve and looking away as he glanced.

"Goddamn, Kid. You're getting deeper everytime." Rick said in disappointment. "Heh, that's what she said" I joked again, recieving a 'for real?..' look at my mature joke.

"Ya need to stop cutting, Kid." Rick pleaded. I began to pull down my sleeve."But it helps m-" I started but was soon interupted by Rick. "I don't give a damn if it helps you cope, Kid, I don't want you cutting." Rick explained.

"Wow, you really do care-" I said in awe. "You're like my friend, Kid. Not quite my friend, but you're like a friend to me." Rick coarsed. That was one of the nicest things that he's said to me. I smiled in return to his words, not taking in any offense.

"Fine, but if I slip up, you can't blame me." I said, holding out my hand to agree on the deal. "Kid, I don't shake hands. That's gay as fuck-" Rick laughed. "What if I'm gay?" I asked slyly. "Then I support you." He simply said.

"A'ight." I accepted. "So, how's school going?" He brought up a conversation starter. "Easy as fuck, Ricky." I spoke sarcastically. "In all seriousness, I surprisingly showed up today." I mumbled. "How's that Kyle and.. uhh Kelly? That you used to talk about?" He said incorrectly.

"It's Kenny. And eh. We haven't talked in seems like forever. We completely pushed fatass out of our group cause he wouldn't leave Kyle alone." I lectured.

"Kyle.. Kyle.. Isn't that the red haired jew?" Rick asked, unaware. "Yeah. My super best friend. We haven't talked besides through text in.. months." I frowned. "Well why don't you two talk soon?" Rick advised.