(3) Lifestyle

Kyle's P.O.V.

I arrived at Stan's house as his request for a chat, and knocked on the door.

I stood there for one and a half minutes, and knew he was on the other side of the door and hesitated to let me in, I could hear him on the other side.

Soon, he opened the door. He stood aside and let me in, but I noticed in his eyes he was tired. They were badly bloodshot.

The room was sort of foggy but smelled like fresh laundry? It lost me. Was he ironing clothing? I couldn't tell. Instead of questioning Stan's sanity, I sat on the chair next to the couch.

I noticed Ms. Marsh wasn't there because of the absent snorring inside of the household so I assumed it was just Stan alone.

Needing company? I didn't know.

Stan began to lighly cough his way to the couch and sit down. I could tell he was uncomfortable by his lack of communication, so I broke the silence.

"What's on your mind, man?" I questioned. Stan looked like he didn't want to say, but forced himself to anyways. "Kyle, uhmm.. I kinda have what you would call issues." He began.

What could he be talking about? Being absent from school?

"Being absent from school, staying up playing Call of Duty isn't issues, man-" I stated. He shook his head in disagreement. "It's not that-" Stan stared at me. He pointed at his eyes "This.. isn't from staying up late."

"I'm so scared to tell you, because I know you'll judge me and hate me.. but.. I've hid this for far too long." Stan stated sheepishly. "Stan, I would never hate y-" "I'm doing drugs, Kyle. And I've gotten very suicidal." He explained.

I felt tears start to form up. I felt so bad. I didn't hate him. I just felt very disappointed that he didn't tell me. "St-Stan.." I stuttered.

"I know you'll hate me. And I'm sorry."

I stood and sat on the couch beside him. I gripped his wrist, causing him to wince and I knew why. I stared at his faded blue bloodshot eyes. He had a difficult time looking back, but he tried. I could tell.

"I don't hate you, so shut up."

I started to look down at my legs that began to shake due to sadness.

"I'm disappointed-"
"Isn't that the same thing?" He questioned, due to lack of knowledge.

I shook my head instead of using a negative verbal response.

"I'm disappointed you didn't tell me." I explained. Stan's eyes began to tear up. I reached my arms out and wrapped him in a warm embrace.

God, I forgot how much I missed Stan. And being away from him too long led him to this. It was all my fault.

Stan hugged me back and started to cry into my shoulder. I ran my fingers through his dark raven hair and whispered comforting, yet simple sentences into his ear.

This brought back so many memories. Three years ago, before I drifted from the friend on my arms. Back when... I actually had some sort of intense feelings for him.

I never told him, because I was scared we would be more distant than we are now. That it held the future our friendship in a certain place.

And I still won't tell him. Even if the feelings return. "Thanks, Kyle.." Stan spoke, breaking me from my thoughts. His crying hitched his voice. But he managed to stop crying.