(4) Guilt

(A/N: I just wanna say that I have no plans for this story. Uhh, I'm just gonna go along with it.)

Stan's P.O.V.

That night, I finally fell asleep earlier than usual. I felt better. More refreshed, but my addicition was kicking in. I woke up with the sunlight beaming in my face through the curtains.

I forgot that I amended things with Kyle. I'm glad he accepted me and is trying to help me. I needed someone like him in my life. And besides, I needed my best friend back in my life.

I checked the time on my phone and realized it was 6:45 A.M. and since I was awake, I decided to go get dressed for another day of school. Might as well, since I'm starting to get my life on the right track and Kyle agreed to help me through it.

I tried to sit up and felt Kyle pull me back down by my shirt, with a grunt. I assumed he was sound asleep, but I guess I was wrong."Kyle, we have school. C'mon." I informed Kyle, lightly pushing on his shoulder.

"Let's miss a day." Kyle mummbled. This was a shocker. Kyle never wants to skip school. But I've missed a lot. I needed to go, but I could skip one more, I suppose.

We slept on the same couch due to laziness and the current comfort of the previous night.

We laid there for what felt like 30 minutes but in all actuallity was 2 hours.

"Stan," Kyle called, breaking the silence. "Hmm?" I replied. "I- uhm.." "uhm?" I questioned his starter. "It's nothing. Nevermind." Kyle wrapped up his thoughts. I wondered what he had to say and curiousity creeped upon me.

"You know you can tell me. But if you don't want to that's fine. I won't force you." I comforted his vacillating self. "Thanks." Kyle mummbled, sitting himself up on the couch.

I watched his movements as he grabbed his phone from the table ahead. It started to ring as Kyle took his phone and walked outside to take a phone call.

I couldn't decipher much of what was said from his side, opposed to a few "I know, I know,"'s. It could reasonably be his mother, asking why she recieved a phone call about his absence.

Sheila was always worried and overprotective about Kyle. He couldn't be out late past 8 p.m., he couldn't have many friends come over, he couldn't stay awake past 9 p.m., even on weekends. He always had to return his phone to his parents before falling asleep.

It was normal, but she overreacted.

Kyle walked back in with a semi-frown placed on his lips. "What's up?" I asked worriedly. "Just.. Shiela." Kyle said, with a one word explanation. It was strange. He never uses his mother's first name.

"What bitchy thing did she say this time?" I asked, with annoyance to my voice. "She's just pissed that I missed today," go figure. "-and that I'm over here.." Kyle mummbled nearly inaduiable, but I caught it. "But mainly because I missed school."

"Why is she pissed that you're over here?" I was confused. Kyle's mom never minded him coming over but now she did?

"Just something I told her.. It's just- nevermind." Kyle explained nervously and faintly. "Oh.. Okay." Dysphoria began to fill my vocalization. I led guilt into my mind, thinking it was my fault that Kyle couldn't stay like he used to.

Kyle probably told his mom that I've been skipping and turning to the negative path. Therefore, her thinking I'm a bad influence for Kyle.

But she isn't wrong.