Part 2

Part 2

His name was Noah. Not my brother, but the boy with the soft curly hair and the comfortable jackets who used to visit me everyday in the summer and tell me about the newest song on the radio, or the latest beat he’s been listening to, or any kind of music that makes him feel alive. And then he’d get my brother’s computer and play the song for me, helping me up and dancing to the rhythm, swinging me around the room, holding my hands, and  playing with my hair.

And when he left, my brother would always tease me about being in love.

“I can see it in those mysterious grey eyes, Jade. They’re going a little pink.” He’d joke, ruffling my hair.

“You’re lying.” I’d reply, pushing him away.

“I know a person when they’re in love!”

“Maybe you just love him. And you secretly have the biggest crush on him and you're just jealous that he comes around to visit me more often." I said, putting my arms over his shoulder to keep him still and near me. I was used to not seeing him, not being able to see his body language, how he looks. Does he look like me? He's taller than me, so much taller. I don't know anything about measurement, and I can't tell how much taller he is than me.

"Sorry, little sister, but I'm the one inviting him over."

"Inviting him over to ignore him so he spends time with me!"

"He's only doing that because he thinks you're pretty." I stay silent, my brother and my dad would always tell me I looked beautiful when I dressed up to go out for dinner, and most of the time they'd be cocky about it, telling me that I'm beautiful because I look like them.