Epilogue

Epilogue 

"Just stop, Jade. Just stop and think for a moment. No more painting. No more drawing. Just your thoughts, just your mind, just you and me." He asks, fingers wrapped around both my wrists and holding them together, causing the paintbrush in my hands to fall to the ground, splatters of red, orange, yellow, pink, gold, they splash around my ocean-coloured painted toenails, the cold liquid spreading around the wooden floorboards. 

"Now close your eyes," I obeyed, feeling his breath come across my neck, feeling my sensations heighten with the coverage of sight. His hands bring my body closer by the tug of my waist, and I could still feel the remainders of his fingers latch around wrist, climbing to take out the bun on the back of my head and let my hair flow free, cascading all the way down my back. 

"What do you see?" He asks and I giggle. 

"I see nothing. I see nothing but the dark." I reply, gripping his shirt in my paint-splattered fingers. 

"Good...that's good. Now picture us together. In any way you wish. And describe us. Describe what you see now." He whispers softly, nibbling on the lobe of my ear. How does he expect me to concentrate on something when he does this

I try to picture the both of us, my mind swirling at the possibilities. A smile graces my lips and I keep my eyes closed, holding him against my body. "I–I'm picturing us...underneath the flying rays of the sun, the sky mixed with gentle colours of normal day and clouds reminiscing the hours of before. How gentle you were with me, holding me close as we sat in the sand, water seeping to our toes." 

He grumbles a laugh, his hands cupping my face and placing gentle kisses along my neck. "It sounds so beautiful, Jade. It sounds like the most beautiful thing." 

A tear leaves my eye unannounced, rolling down the surface of my cheek and falling across his hand. I open my eyes to stare into his. I was open–I was always open around him. He saw me in multiple ways rather than just one. I let him know every part of me, from top to bottom, inside to out and he loved every bit of me just as I loved every bit of him. 

"Don't cry, don't cry, beautiful." He murmured, rubbing a stray tear falling past my lips, his thumb gently scratching over the surface, catching my breath. 

"I'm not crying because I'm sad," I said, "I"m crying now so I won't cry tomorrow. So instead, when you wake up, you won't see tears in my eyes, you will see a smile on my face." 

He rested my head against his chest, the sound of his heart racing through my ears. "Just seeing you again will make me the happiest man alive, Jade. I love you." 

I sighed, sniffling my nose, laughing at how drastic my voice changed due to the sobs soon to be racking through my body. "I love you too, Noah. I love you too." 

**********

A/N: Awwww I finally updated and it was small, but this is a short story and that's how I meant it to be. And it's supposed to be sweet, simple and beautiful. That's the end of this short story. I hope you all liked it. (': i want my own noah