Part 3

Part 3

"Why do you like to spend time with me?" I asked Noah one day, he  brought his guitar over and strummed a couple of chords. I've heard him sing before, he sung for me a few weeks before while playing guitar and I clapped along.

I couldn't tell if he was looking at me directly, but I felt him close, right next me and he put his arm around my body and I just leaned into his touch.

"Why are you asking?" He asked as a reply, and I felt his curly hair fall in between the crook of my neck, tickling my cheek like soft spring flowers from the time my dad took me out to play in the meadow.

"No specific reason."

"Really?" There was question in his tone, and his voice was slightly raised.

"Yeah. I just—I want to know why you bother with me. I can't see, I'm practically half a person. I don't even know what the colours look like!" I ended up yelling at the end, and a feeling formed in the pit of my stomach and I immediately regretted yelling at him for something completely pointless.

"I wish—I wish I could see your face so I could tell what you were thinking right now because I feel so hopeless and helpless and I hate it." Tears filled like pools in my eyes and I felt them fall. He pulled me against his chest, his hands rubbing through my hair.

"You're not hopeless, or helpless. You're absolutely perfect and I love that about you. Your blindness doesn't define you, doesn't define who you are at all — you do and you have the power to show me that you're more than what you say you are and I know that you know this." My bottom lip quivers and I fall flat against his shirt. What colour was his shirt? I don't even know, and most likely my tears had stained it.

He kissed me before he left, right on the lips. It wasn't long, only two seconds but it was the first time I had been kissed. And the best, one of the best things I had ever experienced in my life and I couldn't wait for him to come over the next day.