Chapter Two

Chapter Two: A cat- - and a cuddly adorable kitten?

"Didn't you think about the other students before you cheat? Don't you think it's unfair for them who have studied weeks to come home with a great grade, but you only cheat to get a good mark?" Iruka-sensei lectured the students in detention.

Jiina and Denji looked down, guilty. He handed a paper sheet to the both of them, they were suppose to write that they will never cheat again until the whole paper was full and then their sensei left the room.

"You really are a bunch of idiots." the young Hyuga scoffed. "Getting caught cheating by a sensei, morons."

Neji was looking for Iruka-sensei, but he ended up mishearing their conversation. He didn't understand what was so wrong about cheating, but he did think that Jiina and Denji must've been one of the dumbest people in the village to get caught.

"Well at least we understood that cheating is wrong." Jiina defended, pouting.

"Why is it wrong? I don't see anything wrong with it."

"Because it's unfair to others." said Jiina.

"And? Why should we care about other people? Nothing bad happens to the cheater." the boy started glaring.

"But you'll also get detention out of it." Denji said.

"Only you two will get detention 'cause you got no skills. The senseis are in my pocket. There were times where I did cheat back in my days in the academy, but I got no punishment because I didn't get caught. There's nothing that benefits me to stop cheating." Jiina couldn't believe how arrogant and selfish he was being.

Jiina was even more annoyed at the fact that he had just admitted that there were past time where he had been cheating, but no punishment he had gotten. I want justice!

Neji thought that everyone had the right to cheat. Those who didn't have enough skills to cheat, they had to study. It was justice in his eyes.

"People won't respect you if you cheat." Jiina pointed out another fact, trying to prove the boy from the Hyuga branch that cheating is wrong.

"What difference does it make with respect? What good will it do me if my classmates respect me but I don't get to pass the class?" Neji challenged back.

"Well let's say that you go to a forest for the first time mate. You don't know which foods are poisonous or not. If you just eat any food you might die. So what do you do? You ask an expert" Neji's ears perked with interest "You can't say, I'll teach myself. If you don't know something, you ask an expert. The expert here are the senseis in a way, and Kami-sama.

You can't prove that cheating is bad logically. Heck, you can never point out that it's bad scientifically.

You require a creator to tell you what is wrong and what is right." the fellow Keshiki continued. "Don't you think there should be justice? There are a lot of people that end up being genins because of cheating.