Chapter 7

"I can tell ," he says.

I look at him quizzically not having a clue of what he's talking about as the bright lights flash above us. The heat radiating off of them makes me pull at the neck of the blouse I'm sporting for this scene.

"You can tell what exactly?" I arch an eyebrow at him.

His lip quirks up on one side in a small smile. "I can definitely tell that there's something going on between the two of you. I mean I'm not the type to read the media, but it's hard to not hear about "Avex", he elaborates as he mockingly makes little quotation marks in the air as he says Avex.

"And all of the drama that happened between you two. Anyway I can tell you still feel a lot for him and he definitely isn't one hundred percent over you," he says confidently.

My cheeks flame a little about his statement. I'm a little angry that he thinks he can talk about things that are not any of his business. What's it to him what is happening between the both of us. He needs to stay in his lane.

Just as I'm about to retaliate and tell him he needs to stick his nose elsewhere, John yells action.

Out of the blue Nathan grabs my hand into his big one. The feeling of his rough warm palm in mine sends a warm feeling from the top of my head to the tips of my toes. The anger dissipates quickly.

"Eric. Eric Carson and your name must be, the love of my life," he says deliciously as he shakes my hand slowly.

My heart pounds erratically on the inside of my chest.

His electric blue eyes bore into mine and his charming smile has me breathless once again. Oh my gosh this man is so...so hot.

I chuckle awkwardly and pull my hand out of his, highly aware of his long fingers grazing mine. I clear my throat. "Wow I'm sure you probably get a lot of the ladies with that line, but this lady here is not interested," my lines fall smoothly and perfectly from my mouth, a complete opposite of the way I'm feeling because of the way this man touches me.

I turn and move toward the bookcase prop and pretend to search for a book.

He moves beside me leaning one of his shoulders against the prop and facing towards me with strong arms crossed against his broad chest.

He's so close to me that I can feel the heat radiating off his body and his eyes searing into the side of my head.

"You know it's impolite to just turn away from someone that's trying to talk to you, " he says beside me. His minty breathe brushes against my neck sending goosebumps all the way down my body.

I look at him and don't say anything and just stare like a lost puppy at the man before me before a voice calls out waking me from the trance I've been put in. I notice Alex walk up all dressed up in his role as Nathan's best friend.

"Eric dude let's go. I got the book I needed for Amy. I've been looking for you for the past ten minutes now," he says.

Nathan glares at Alex beside him before turning back to me. "This isn't are last meeting. Until next time," he promises before moving away and walking off the set.

"And cut," John shouts. "Wow guys amazing job," he claps and moves onto the set before me.

"Avery I'm always astounded by your acting. That was brilliant. The way you shivered when Nathan stood by you and how you just melted at his feet. Just a tremendous job. Great acting. Okay everybody take five and prepare for the next scene."

I stand in my place totally shell shocked. Was I even really acting?

**********
I drag myself to my trailer exhausted by the days events.

We have filmed scene after scene, refilmed scene after scene, had make up touched up and touched up, and so on.

I forgot how tiring this job can be sometimes, but how fun it is at the same time. To play someone else in a make believe life is so exhilarating. You forget about your own problems and drama and just enter this alternate universe.

I missed it. I missed it a lot actually.

As I open my trailer to grab my stuff and head home for the day, a voice calls my name.

I turn around and see Alex jogging over to me. When he stops his hair falls in his eyes in that adorable way I always liked. I stop myself from trying to reach for it and brush the strand away.

"Hey Avery. I was wondering if you want to go get a drink or a bite to eat?" He rubs the back of his neck nervously.

My eyebrows scrunch together in a puzzled manner.

"You know to celebrate the first day of filming," he chuckles nervously.

His last words stir something inside of me, but not in a good way.

He wants to celebrate filming. Why did he never want to celebrate with me when he was filming his other movie. He'd always rather go out with his buddies and never thought twice about inviting me along.

Now I know why. It was because he wanted to find some girl to hook up with, without me being in the way of him doing so.

Anger sizzles inside of me. Alex must notice my change in attitude because he takes a step back.

"You know what Alex, how about you go find one of the girls onset who were all doey eyed all day looking at you to go with you. I'm sure that would make you much happier. You can have the chance to see what's out there without me being in the way just like you wanted, " I snarl.

He is completely shell shocked not knowing where that came from.

I don't even give him the time of day to say something in return. I'm tired and now I'm realizing maybe this friendship thing will not work after all. It's our first day and hurt feelings are already being brought up.

I move past him and brush him roughly with my shoulder in doing so.

_____________________________________________________________________________