It's just the beginning

Here you go. Finally a new chapter. I am sorry it took me that long, but I first had a hard time to deal with the death, like most of us did, and just couldn't write him and then ran straight into my exams. I hope you still like my story. I hope to update more regulary now. I promise.

***

The next morning Archie and Veronica came down the stairs to find their parents peacefully sleeping on the couch in the living room covered by a blanked they had thrown over themselves watching a romcom the night before. They looked so content tangled in each other that the teenagers couldn't bring themselves to wake them up. Both of their parents had a tough year and deserved to have moments of happiness. They went into the kitchen to prepare breakfast so they could all eat together, when their parents would wake up.

Hermione shifted in her sleep, which made Fred slowly wake up. He groaned and tried to stretch his arms, when he felt Hermione laying on top of him. He opened his eyes and smiled. She looked still tired so he tried not to wake her. He just brushed a strand of hair out of her face that he thought would tickle her.

A few minutes later Archie came into the room. He and Veronica had finished breakfast and had noticed that Fred had woken up. Archie walked up behind the couch and smiled at his father.

Archie: "Morning dad. You two looked so peaceful we didn't wanted to wake you up so we prepared breakfast for all of us. Just come into the kitchen, when Veronica's mother wakes up."

Fred: "Thanks son. We will be with you in a bit."

Archie left to the kitchen again to talk to his girlfriend.

Fred brushed another strand of hair out of Hermione's face before he placed a soft kiss on the top of her head. Hermione moved her head to look up at him. She smiled seeing his face and feeling him so close to her again. This time she wanted to make everything right. Even though they still had a long way to go with her divorce from Hiram and to finalize the divorce from Fred and Mary she just hoped nothing would get into their way again. She puckered her lips for Fred to place a soft kiss on it. She snuggled closer to him not wanting to stand up.

Hermione: "Do we have to stand up at all today? I wouldn't mind to just lay with you on the couch all day."

She was whispering scared their children could hear them.

Fred: "I wish we could, but the kids are waiting in the kitchen with breakfast for us."

He placed another kiss on her lips before he sat up with her still on top of him. She kept her arms around his neck not wanting to let go of him just yet. He stood up and placed her with her feet on the ground. She sighted having to accept that they wouldn't spend the whole day snuggled into each other. She brushed her lips softly against his before grabbing his hand and pulling him into the direction of the kitchen.

When they walked into the kitchen they found both of their kids patiently sitting at the counter the breakfast and plates placed in front of them waiting to get filled. Fred and Hermione took their seats on opposite sides of the counter right next to each of their kids.

Fred: "Thank you kids for preparing all of this. We appreciate this."

Veronica: "Of course Mr Andrews. You two looked pretty exhausted and we figured you could need some more sleep after apparently falling asleep together on the couch last night. The TV was still on so we just turned it off and let you two sleep a little longer, while quietly preparing breakfast."

They all finished having breakfast together just doing a bit of small talk. After it Veronica and Archie left to meet some of their friends at Pops. They wanted to tell them what happened last night, since it was difficult for them to explain last night on the phone.