Future planning and game night

Some time has passed since they got engaged and their friends had found out about their relationship. Since then it had been a regular occurence that every once in awhile they would meet up with FP, Alice, Tom, Sierra and even Mary, when she was in town, to just spend some time together like in the old days.

It was a cold day in late January when it was time again for their meetup. Hermione had went over to Alice in the afternoon to get a headstart on their dinner buffet with her. They always liked to make it like a real little celebration when they had the time to get together. The kids would all spend the night jointly either at the bijou and then at Thistle house or they would find something else they could do.

Hermione was cutting some vegetable for the tiny pizzas they wanted to make while Alice was preparing the dough for it. They were really getting back into their old friendship again. They have been before, but now being neighbours just gave them way more time and both of them love their meetups and hosting them for everyone. They expected Sierra and Mary in about an hour, but for now they had time for some private girl talk.

Alice: "I wanted to ask your something for some time already, Mione. I wasn't sure how to ask you this, but I know you are still not working again. I was just wondering if you would like to work with me at the register. I know you never have been that much of a writer as far as I remember, yet I thought it couldn't hurt to ask you as my friend. Everyone needs something to do over the day. You could try writing or layout or whatever you want to try out."

Hermione looked at Alice with a slightly shocked look on her face. That was something she for sure hasn't expected. She had thought about finding a new job before, not wanting to rush anything, yet staying home all day or taking long walks wasn't really making her feel needed at all. It was getting boring to just be a stay home person. She had already partly redecorated the living room and the kitchen and put her shared closet with Fred in order, which she was glad she hasn't done before Fred had proposed to her, because then the chances of her finding the ring would have been so high.

So at this point Alice's offer to work with her at the register seemed tempting to her. She never had done something like that, but she always had liked to learn something new. This could be her chance for a fresh start in the field of working, after already taking one in her personal life. She was questioning herself if she would be the right person to work at the newspaper after everything that had happened in her past with Hiram, yet Alice's reassuring smile made her believe more in herself.

She didn't knew yet what she wanted to try, but she knew that her friend would give her the time to figure out exactly what she liked the most. She did the books for Fred before and could possibly do that for the register too, since she always had felt quite comfortable with that task. Although it crossed her mind that maybe something more creative could be a good thing. Perhaps writing wasn't the best thing to start with knowing how eloquent Alice and her colleagues always were in their articles though helping with layout sounded pretty good to her at this point.

She turned back to face her friend, who offered her a smile.

Hermione: "I really would like to try it if you really mean it. Though I can't promise you that I am great at it."

Alice chuckled before heading to her friend to pull her in a hug.

Alice: "I am sure you are going to be amazing. I can teach you everything you need to know. In every field you want to try. I am so excited."

Alice enthusiastically jumped up and down holding her friends forearm. She knew she was acting a bit over the top, but she just loved how her life was going at the moment and now getting the chance to work together with her best friend fit completely into her life-loving mood.