Chapter 1: From the end to a new beginning

Y/N POV

The next morning.

I was at the throne room of course being reprimanded by my parents again. After last night events, my head is full from the thoughts of those voices. I wasn't sure whether I should trust that voice or not. I sighed as I walked outside of the throne room. Trying to take in the air. The coronation is supposed to be in 2 months which is technically my birthday, my 21th birthday. I was still anxious about the fact that I need to become the next ruler of the south kingdom, everyone is excited for that day except me. I was heading back to my room until I bumped into someone.

"Ugh...sorry about that" I said as I slowly got up and saw Joshua

"Your really clumsy aren't you?" He said with a small chuckle.

My face flustered from embarrassment as I got up.

"Umpf....it's not like being clumsy will kill me or anything." I said as I was walking away.

"Wait!" He said.

I turned around to look at a shy and awkward Joshua.

"Yeah? Is there anything you need ?" I asked a bit curious.

"Well.....um actually....I need to tell you something."

He said in a sad tone
I followed him as he dragged me to a quiet place. He then started to speak

"You know, I'm a soldier so I have some duties to fulfill." He started

"Yeah, where is this going?" I said a slightest bit worried.

He took a deep breath and spoke again. "I have been chosen to do a training on an important mission." He said firmly

"That's such great news!" I said excited and I hugged him in excitement.

"It has always been your dream to travel right? I hope you enjoy yourself to the fullest!"

I said super happy and smiled brightly but I saw that he still hold his sad face.

"What's wrong Joshua?" I said worried. "Why are you so sad?"

He hesitated and said "I'll probably have to leave for years, and move out of here for good. So I just wanted to tell you that maybe we won't see each other again for a long time....."

I froze for a second trying to proceed what he said. I will probably loose my best friend forever because he's pursuing his dream. My only friend actually , but I can't be sad. This has been his dream forever so I have to support him.

"Well, I wish you luck then. I hope that you'll do the best thing out there."

I said faking a smile. I couldn't tell him I was sad at the idea of possibly not seeing him anymore.

"I guess I should go back. My brother is probably worried about me" I said while walking away but I felt him grabbing my wrist and pulling me into his embrace.

"I promise that I'll come back one day.... I'll come back for you, Princess" He said hugging me tighter.

I felt like crying all of the sudden but I wanted to be strong, so I pulled him away. "Of course you need to come back one day! I'll miss my best friend if I'm alone all this time."

I said playfully hitting his arm as we walked back.

Joshua POV

Friend, huh? I guess it can't be helped if she doesn't feel the same way I do. She's the princess after all and I'm just her assistant and her best friend. But, the truth is that I never looked at another woman the way I looked at her. She's the only one that can make me feel this way, I'll tell her one day, if I ever come back that I love you Wen Y/N.....