Chapter 2

I apologize in advance, again sorry

Danny groggily started to wake up. Before he opened his eyes, he searched his surroundings by touch, sense, hearing, and smell. He noticed that the air seemed... fresh? As if it hadn't been contaminated by chemicals and pollution. It was very pleasant. Danny also felt a weight on his chest. It wasn't actually that heavy, perhaps the weight of a slightly larger than the average cat. The last thing Danny noticed was the sound of heavy water falling and small snores of something sleeping. He first wanted to find more about the water. It was loud, not too loud, but enough for him to notice immediately- a small waterfall maybe? Then came the snores of whatever was one his chest.

Danny finally opened his eyes. He almost jumped, but he didn't want to disturb whatever the animal that was on him was. Its fur was mainly blue- blue! The back half of its body was black. Its round ears were extremely large compared to its head and body and had a star-like yellow design in the ears. Two yellow bands were around its paws and possibly the weirdest thing was the star at the end of its tail.

Danny took notice of the large trees that surround him and the small animal. Danny also noticed that soft grass was under him, not rocky gravel or coarse dirt- but soft grass. He couldn't see the waterfall, but that doesn't mean that it was too far away. Then he realized that his wound wasn't hurting like it had been earlier. He slowly put a hand to where the wound was, he got close to brushing the animal's on top of him fur. But once he pressed his hand to the wound, he realized that there wasn't one. Not even the ice from before covered where it was.

'How did it heal already?' Was the question that rang out through his mind. He wanted to sit up to check the wound out, but he didn't know if the animal on him was aggressive. He took another look at it. It was small... small enough to be the child of something.

'If I made this mad... then it's mother would come to protect it' and he didn't want to deal with an angry mother and scared child. So instead of moving, Danny decided to get some well deserved rest. Leaving one ear and metaphoric eye open, Danny decided to close his eyes and sleep.

Danny didn't feel the red-gold eyes that were on him the entire time he was up and scanning the area he was in. The gleam eyes Pokémon stayed silent through the entire interaction Danny had with his surroundings. 'How did a trainer made it this far into here?' The lion-like Pokémon looked for any sign of pokeballs that the trainer could use on it and their family. The Pokémon could find and sort of ruffle in the clothes that would indicate pokeballs. 'Strange, a trainer that goes somewhere without it's captured Pokémon...'

The lion-like Pokémon growled. Its black fur didn't conceal it well in the brush, but it still wasn't seen by the trainer. The gleam eyes Pokémon growled at the young Shinx. It didn't understand how dangerous trainers were just yet.

The now dubbed Shinx only twitched its ear in response to the call from the larger Pokémon. In response, the large Pokémon stood from its crouched position and cautiously but silently treaded over to where the Shinx was sleeping on top of the unknown trainer. The large Pokémon growled at the small Pokémon again.

This time, the small Pokémon's eyes open and look up at the much larger Pokémon. Its head tilts to the side, "what are you doing here?" The small Pokémon asked. The black-furred Pokémon was about to respond with the same question the little one asked, but the trainer's eyes opened and looked at the big lion-like Pokémon. Both the trainer and the large Pokémon froze when their eyes met.

Danny's heart was beating incredibly fast. The creature in front of him was huge. He quickly took in its shape, size, and color. It stood on four legs, a large black mane gave it the look of a lion. Most of the fur covering its body was shaggy and not that long, but the shoulder and the base of the tail fur were definitely longer and thicker. Yellow-red eyes stared down at Danny. Its blunt muzzle was pulled back to reveal sharp teeth. Rounded ears were drawn back and the long black tail with a four-pointed star at the end lashed. Its face, torso, and back of the front legs were blue while the rest of the body was black and three yellow bands on the blue portion of its front legs glowed a small amount.