2. stumbling is not falling

2. Stumbling Is Not Falling

Victor's the one who hangs up on them, of course, but Luke's pretty okay with that considering they told him where they were, and it means a beautiful girl is going to come and bring them to her beautiful food and their beautiful friend.

"Holy shit," Gabriel breathes out, "did you see her smile? Did you see her eyes when she smiled? She's so fucking pretty, ohmygod, that's not fair. It's actually extremely rude, the audacity of that girl, are you fucking kidding me?"

Luke did, in fact, see that girl. He saw her face glow with her stretched lips and bunched up cheeks. He saw the light in her eyes and the bunny scrunch of her nose. He saw the flush of happiness in her cheeks when she giggled, and he just about cooed out loud when he saw how her amusement cause her eyes to twinkle. She's as cute as she is gorgeous, and he had to agree with Gabriel - it was kind of unfair.

"I don't even know her but I think I've got a crush on her, and you know what? I'm okay with that. Can you believe? Shit, man, this is legit not fair. How can she just look like that?" The brunet gushes, hitting Luke on the arm repeatedly.

Luke, unable to control his laughter, pulls Gabriel through the crowd and down the staircase. Watching the people at this party was only entertaining for about the first half an hour, maximum. And now they get to go chill with their friend with some food and an amazingly pretty girl?

Hey, Gods and Goddesses up there? I see what you do for people.

They make their way to the bottom of the stairs in time to see Victor power-walking towards them, an absolutely tiny blonde girl gracefully winding her way through the crowd a few steps behind him.

"She's so itty bitty, Luke!" Gabriel cooes, "I just wanna pick her up, and I wanna put her in my pocket!"

Delighted noise escapes Luke in a waterfall of chuckles that cause him to rest his weight on his Gabriel, who's too busy squinting at the figures approaching them to be annoyed by it. The blonde girl doesn't look quite as tiny now as she did when she was two thirds of the way away from them, but she's still looks endearingly 'itty bitty', as Gabriel put it, despite also looking every bit the respectable high society young lady as is expected of her - though it should be said that she's the type of person who would have class no matter her roots, much like Mr. B, who didn't come from money but is no less an established man because of it.

You can tell that she's unsure only because she's standing just slightly behind Victor, but everything else says I am the calm in the eye of the storm, which reminds him of another one of his brothers, one with eyes the color of a forest in the rain and a gaze that speaks of a quiet confidence and steadfast authority despite residing in the face of a teenager.

A delicate finger comes up to sweep a strand of hair from her face, and it draws his attention to the freckles that lay on her face like a ribbon stretching from cheek to cheek and over the bridge of her nose, dusky and sweet. Pink, pouty lips spread into a demure smile, pearly whites flashing in his vision.