sang; a fairy tale princess trapped in the real world

Sang was made for so much more than what she had ― her heart too big to ignore the corruption around her, her mind too sharp for it to fit with the air-headed little girl persona many people wanted to push on her, and too gentle to be the cut-throat young woman that the others wanted her to be.

She was the Belle to her family's Beast, only there was no love in their eyes, and nothing gentle hidden underneath those fangs and claws. It wasn't accidental damage caused by a Prince Adam, every strike was very blatantly intentional.

She was the Cinderella who went without a fairy godmother, and no magic that would make everything even more than okay till midnight, even if each dream is a wish her heart makes.

She was the Rapunzel to her mother's Gothel, except that woman couldn't even pretend to care about her (though Sang would prefer indifference from her) and if her hair had any healing properties its certainly never healed her.

Each lie forced from her lips tasted like plastic, and tingled like something too sour on her tongue. Each fake smile stuck to her skin like clingfilm. Each fake laugh  threatened to choke her with its thick smog of insincerity, and each tear that soaked her pillow felt like giving up.

Sang doesn't even need a prince, even if she wouldn't mind having one. No, what she needs is to breathe the air and not feel like she's dry-drowning, take off her stifling shoes and feel the grass between her toes, watch the sunrise and feel hope, chase a rainbow, stargaze, sing like no one's listening, dance like no one's watching, fall and have it feel like flying and not dying.

She wants to cry and still be okay after, she wants bruises from falling out of trees she climbed instead of hard-hitting hands. She wants to blush from something that's not belittling humiliation, wants to flush a pink that means happiness and not a red that means pleasepleasepleaseletmedisappear. Wants to hug someone and enjoy it. Wants to be kissed on the cheek by someone who just wants to be affectionate. Wants to hold a hand that doesn't squeeze hers so menacingly tight it cuts off her blood. Wants to lose her breath without having it feel like she's asphyxiating.

Wants to feel short but not so terribly small.

Wants to be soft but not so despairingly weak.

Wants to sleep soundly and dream instead of wake from nightmares.

Wants to live and not survive.

But just because you want something, doesn't mean you'll get it.

" ɪ'ᴍ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ

  ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ, ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ғɪx ᴍᴇ 

  ᴏɴʟʏ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴏɴʟʏ ʏᴏᴜ "

                                     ― only you, little mix