~Chapter Nine

After lunch, Sam had decided to take Gabriel and Castiel to the park, no matter how much they were protesting against it- even Dean was whining about not wanting to go. He had told Sam he rather stay home and watch paint dry than to go to the freakin' park with his nerd of a brother and two angels. Dean would have gotten so frustrated hearing children screaming every five seconds over nothing... After he had argued with Sam for a good ten minutes, Sam had let him off of the hook. Besides, Dean needed some time alone anyways, it has only been a few days but je needed to get away from Gabriel and Castiel. With that being taken care of, Sammy took the kids down to the park.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"What are we suppose to do here, Sasquatch?" Gabriel asked as he was eating a lollipop and holding onto Sam's hand as they were walking through the large park.

There were kids covered in dirt and mud running around chasing each other. There were also kids climbing on the jungle gyms and climbing on the monkey bars. Castiel was extremely confused by this, he couldn't help but wonder what the point of all this was. Although... Watching the children play kinda made Castiel want to play on the jungle gym with them...

"Play on the jungle gym, the sandbox, or play with the other children," Sam listed some things that Gabriel and Castiel could do for fun. But to be honest, none of those really sounded fun to Gabriel, he didn't really like to interact with other children. Sam walked over to an empty park bench. He let go of Gabriel's and Castiel's hand before sitting down. "Just go run around and have some fun. You two needed to get out of the bunker anyways."

"If this is what you call fun..." Gabriel muttered, crossing his arms and frowned. He did not want to be here whatsoever.

"C'mon, Gabe... You'll have a lot of fun if you just go out there and play."

"No way! They're all loud and covered in dirt and mud, that's gross..."

"Pleeease, Gabe?" Castiel pleaded, grabbing onto his older brothers arm. "I wanna go play on the slides!"

"Then why don't you just go?"

"Because... I don't wanna go alone. I want you to come with me."

Gabriel sighed and shook his head lightly. Even though he really didn't want to have anything to do with the park, he would only because Castiel really wanted to. "Okay fine... But I won't enjoy it." Sam smiled as Castiel was leading Gabriel to the jungle gym.

All the kids that were running past Gabriel gave him so much stress for some reason and he never experienced anything like it before... Castiel seemed to be enjoying himself as he ran up the plastic stairs of the jungle gym and went to the top. He looked down at the ground below him through the metal bars, there he saw a pair of children wrestling with each other playfully. But Castiel didn't understand that they were just playing, he tilted his head to the side, he also didn't understand why they were laughing and smiling as they were wrestling. When he did realize that they were just messing around, he wondered why he and Gabriel didn't play around like that.

Castiel turned around to see that Gabriel was just started to walk up the plastic stairs. "Go down the slide with me!" Castiel said as he grabbed onto Gabriel's arm and forced him towards the green slide on the jungle gym that went down to the sandbox.

"I really don't want to, Castiel..."

"Pleeeease?" Castiel pleaded again, he knew that it would always get his older brothers attention and he would get what he wanted.

Gabriel didn't say anything, he looked at the slide before looking back at Castiel and sighed heavily. "Just... Just go. I'll be behind you."

Castiel smiled before going down the slide first, he got shocked by the bolts in the slide as he went down. It had made him flinch but it really didn't bother him all that much. When getting off at the bottom of the slide, Castiel moved off to the side to wait for Gabriel. A few moments later, Gabriel came down and landed on his feet, getting a lot of sand in his shoes. He grumbled something under his breath so Castiel couldn't hear him. He didn't like the sand in his shoes and he thought, how could these children deal with this all the time?

"Sandbox! Sandbox!" Castiel said, pointing at the sandbox across from the slide before running towards it. Gabriel sighed again before he followed after his brother.

"This is so gross..." Gabriel said as he was watching the kids playing and rolling around in the dirty sand in the sandbox. Didn't they realize what animals could have gotten in there...?

"Play with me, Gabriel!"

"No thanks. I'll just sit here..." Gabriel said as he sat down on the ground, he started pulling out some of the grass for something to do.

Castiel shrugged at Castiel's decision. He watched the other kids make sand castles with the buckets and the small shovels. Castiel figured that's what he had to do here, so he grabbed the nearest unused bucket and a shovel and started putting sand into it to make a castle of his own. After filling the bucket to the top with sand, he flipped it over on the ground. After a few minutes, Castiel lifted the bucket back up and he had made the perfect sand castle, it was great considering the fact that it was his first time playing in the sand.

An older child walked over to Castiel. "Hey, nice castle," the older kid told Castiel.

"Oh... Thanks..." Castiel said awkwardly, he looked behind his shoulder to see that Gabriel was watching them carefully. The older kid kicked Castiel's sand castle into Castiel's face, getting it in his eyes and some in his mouth then pushed him over.

Gabriel quickly stood up from the ground and walked over to them, even if that meant he had to get into the seriously gross sandbox... He pushed the older kid onto the ground, it was easy to do since he wasn't expecting it. Gabriel grabbed the bucket that Castiel was using and started hitting the kid in the face with it. There was blood coming out from the kids nose and mouth, and Gabriel was sure that he gave him a black eye. "Don't even touch my brother again, you ass!" Gabriel yelled at the kid just as Sam picked him up and snatched the bloody bucket from him.

"What the hell are you doing Gabriel?!" Sam demanded.

"He was messing with Cas!"

"So you beat him up!"

"Yeah! Balthazar told me to always watch out for Cas..."

Sam sighed and looked down at Cas who still looked surprised at what Gabriel just did. "Are you okay, Cas?" Cas nodded and stood up, wiping the sand off from his clothes. "Alright... We should get out of here."