~Chapter Ten

It has been a week and a half and Balthazar still hasn't showed up to take Castiel and Gabriel back with him. They were both starting to get extremely depressed about this, they now just laid around the bunker and didn't do much of anything. Gabriel was getting more and more moody every single day, he didn't pull as many pranks as he had used to and when he did decide to, it had caused some harm to whoever he was pranking. Castiel always had a blanket wrapped around him and didn't talk or eat much anymore. No matter what Sam and Dean did they couldn't seem to make the kids happy.

Sam and Dean walked into the living room with some bags in their hands. "Hey, guys," Sam said to the kids with a small smile on his face.

Gabriel and Castiel were sitting on the couch watching TV, but looked at them when they both entered the room. "What do you want?" Gabriel snapped as he glared at the Winchester's.

"C'mon, Gabe... Don't be like that, we're just trying to help you be happy, that's all." Castiel looked at Sam when he said that. "We brought you some candy, Gabe."

"And some ice cream for you, Cas," Dean added.

They were both expecting the kids to smile and be happy since they had bought them their favourite foods, but no. The kids didn't even look slightly interested about this. Not even Gabriel, he hasn't eaten candy in days and that seriously worried Sam and Dean. They turned off the TV before sitting on the couch in between Gabriel and Castiel who still didn't look too happy about them being around them. They just wanted to be left alone, to be honest.

"What's up with you two lately?" Sam asked them. "You're not acting like yourselves." Gabriel just shrugged and Castiel curled up in his blanket, covering his face so he couldn't see them.

"I just wanna go home..." Castiel whimpered quietly, it sounded like he was about to cry. "I want Balthazar."

"You shouldn't have to worry about that anymore, Castiel," an unknown voice to Sam and Dean came from the other side of the room. Everyone looked where the voice came from and they saw Balthazar leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"Balth!" Gabriel and Castiel cried happily before jumping off of the couch and running towards their older brother. They hugged him by the legs before Balthazar picked them up in a hug.

"You two weren't worried about me, were you?" Balthazar asked. "Gabriel, did you take good care of your brother?"

"Sure did. I made sure that the kid who picked on him at the park wouldn't do it again..."

Balthazar sighed, looking at Gabriel. "Did you beat up another kid...?" Gabriel just shrugged and looked away. "Gabriel..."

"Oops..." Was all he said.

"Balth! I missed you!" Castiel said again, hugging his oldest brother tighter around the neck.

"I missed you too, buddy." He put them down on the floor as holding them was starting to make his arms tired and sore.

"So... You're Balthazar...?" Dean asked as he stood up from the couch and walked over to him and the two kids.

"That would be me, yes."

After he had said that, Dean punched Balthazar in the jaw but it didn't seem to effect him whatsoever. He looked like nothing had even happened, to be honest. Dean, on the other hand, felt like he had just punched a brick wall. "Dammit..." He muttered to himself as he was holding his hand close to his chest trying to ease the pain, but it clearly wasn't working.

"What the hell was that for?"

"Leaving them out on their own! For heavens sake, they could have died out there on their own!"

"Assuming you already know what we are since some little brats I know can't keep their mouths shut or their wings to themselves," Balthazar gave Gabriel and Castiel a quick glare before looking back up to Dean. "You should be well aware that we don't die that easily."

"The point is, they could have gotten in a lot of trouble or kidnapped!"

"Isn't that what you did?"

"No... They were really sick so I took them to the hospital to get them treatment... There is a huge difference." Balthazar just shrugged. "You act like you don't even care about them if you just leave them somewhere alone-"

"I was losing my grace and I couldn't have them getting in the way!" It was quiet for a few seconds before Balthazar added: "They were in good hands. They seem to be fine, and I thank you for that..."

"Whatever... Did you get your grace back or what?"

"Yes, but..."

"But what?" Castiel asked quickly with wide eyes, he was really worried about what he was going to say next.

"It's going to take some take before my powers come back to me."

"So we can't go home yet...?"

"Not yet, Cas. But soon, I promise." Castiel hugged Balthazar's legs again and refused to let go. "You were well looked after, right?" Cas nodded. "Good. I needed to be sure about that."

"You're not leaving us again though, right?" Gabriel asked.

Balthazar hesitated before answering. "No," he finally answered. "No I'm not. You two don't need to worry about a thing."