Chapter One

She blinked once more, assuring herself that what she was seeing was real. 'I'm a cat, just like they were when they got to my world at first... What can this mean?' She thought to herself as she turned to look out of the alleyway into the bustling streets of London. 'I might as well find somewhere to stay for the night, it looks like it's getting dark. Who knows what could be out here when night falls.'

She crept out of the alley, all senses heightened by adrenaline. People filled the sidewalks like an endless stream, where it would seem impossible to walk through without being stepped on. Her ears twitched as she tried to listen for anything familiar, her now pale eyes scanning the crowd. 'Anything can happen here, I have to be careful. Maybe Ciel or Sebastian are out tonight, that would be the best scenario. Anything other than spending the night in a dark and dirty alleyway, right?' She thought to herself. Her paws seemed to move on their own as she began to creep along the sides of the buildings, making sure to keep out of everyone's ways. Small children would point and ask their mothers for a kitten, and men would try to kick her out of their way. The people of London seemed much darker and gloomier than they had seemed in the anime, and a thought crossed her mind. 'Why?'

She crossed streets, wove her way through people's legs, and ducked through bushes to avoid any animal contact. Other street cats would stare her down angrily, silently challenging her to a fight if she were to come any closer. The hair along the back of her neck prickled with anxiety as she looked away to avoid them. Dogs would pull on their chains to snap at her, and she would always flinch away. "Violence is never the answer..." She mewed to herself as she passed yet another alleyway.

She looked down at the entrance to an old and greying building, which seemed somehow familiar. Her gaze wandered upwards, looking for a sign of what it could be, but nothing was there. A faint smell of mould and dust reached her delicate nose, but it comforted her. 'Who does this remind me of...?' She wondered as she jumped down the cold stone steps. The door swung open on it's own, begging her to enter. (No naughty thoughts, okay?)

Her head was the first to poke it's way into the dark building, only slightly illuminated by the evening sky. When all four tiny paws were set on the creaky wooden floor, the door slammed shut. Her entire body shook with surprise and fear, her eyes went wide and terrified. 'It's probably just the wind.' She reminded herself as she stepped further into the now completely dark room. She bumped into multiple things, though she was unsure of what they could be. A table? Maybe chairs? The sharp, metallic smell of blood soon made it's way into her senses, and she recoiled from it. 'There's nothing in here to hurt me, it's probably just my imagination.' 

She had no longer than a moment to think before a scraping sound filled her ears. It was eerie and high pitched. "Whoever is in here, please, tell me who you are!" She called out, her heart beating wildly in her chest. Creepy laughter seemed to come from every direction, a low shuffling noise joining the cacophony of noises. She scrabbled backwards, only to bump into what she thought to be a wall. Something crashed down beside her, a shattering noise blasting in her ears. Slimy goop splattered over her fur, it's cold wetness chilling her to the bone. "What's going on here!?"

"Oh, what a cute little kitten. How could you have gotten in here without any help?" An overly familiar voice cooed softly. The lights came on to reveal a man with long, silver hair standing in front of her. "How... Curious."

(I'm sorry, I changed it again! It was so cringy when I reread this chapter, so... Ugh. I hate my writing.)