Chapter 15: Hanging Out

No actual smut, but it's so suggestive, it's practically there. So watch it.

"We're just hanging out, okay?" insists Sonny as soon as he opens the door. "Usnavi's gonna be back tomorrow."

And then he grins, sparkling like the sun, and laughs the most beautiful laugh Pete's ever heard.

Falling in love with Pete's sly smile is something Sonny is discovering he'll do every day. "Really? So what, exactly, is your idea of hanging out, babe?"

Sonny doesn't say anything. Kissing doesn't take any words.

Opposites attract: Pete has a thing for pinning someone against a wall. Sonny has a thing for getting pinned against a wall. All in all, they've agreed they're rather compatible. Every person is a puzzle piece, and Sonny and Pete find a way to fit together.

"Just hanging out?" smirks Pete as Sonny sinks to his knees.

Sonny smiles, and every inch is mischief. "Just hanging out." But Pete's sagging pants are already on the floor.

His breath already warm through Pete's boxers, Sonny presses two fingers to the waistband of Pete's underwear. "Anything you're good with."

Sonny's curls are soft beneath Pete's fingers. "That's the best fucking definition of hanging out I ever heard."

Turns out, Pete was right about the fucking.

~ ~ ~

"I think you're always gonna bottom for me," Pete murmurs, his arms sliding to lock around Sonny's body possessively. "We ain't ever switching that shit up."

Sonny rolls over so they're face to face. "I'm good with that."

"'S late."

"I'm the small spoon."

"I'm good with that."

~ ~ ~

"HOLY SHIT!! No me diga!" Usnavi's voice goes on to trip over several Spanish cuss words as Sonny blinks groggily, taking in his surroundings.

"What's-" but even as he starts, he realizes what's up. He's naked. In bed with Pete. Who's naked.

At least they cleaned up last night.

Pete stirs. What the hell? Why the fuck is Usnavi waking him up? "Goddamn, bro, is that yo cuz?" Pete still hasn't opened his eyes when someone (probably Sonny) shoves a pillow at his crotch. "Ok, ok, I'm awake."

Oh shit. Pete's taking in the room. It's clearly not his ideal morning after.

Damn. Guess someone finally noticed the puzzle.

"Graffiti Pete? Is he- are you- Sonny de la Vega, did you- oh fuck." That last bit was Usnavi realizing the bed is stripped bare because sheets that covered it now cover the clothes on the floor.

"Yo, cuz, meet my boyfriend." Sonny grins easily as if this is no big deal. Pete leans over to kiss the tempting, cheesy smile and Usnavi turns around so he can't see Pete's bare body hovering over his cousin's.

"Beautiful," Pete murmurs.

"Sexy," Sonny shoots back. They're both enjoying this way too much.

Usnavi groans. "Fucking hell," he remarks to the bed stand. His eyes widen as the two teenagers sit up. "Sonny! Is that lubrication? Don't tell me that's lube."

"Ok, I won't."

Curling into Sonny, Pete watches Usnavi. "You have a problem with us?" His voice is even, and Sonny can't help noticing Pete's muscles frozen again. He wants the flowing water that pinned him on the bed, not the ice that can't look him in the eye. Are the puzzle pieces shifting? Changing? What if Pete figures they don't fit anymore because Usnavi's too much for him to deal with?

"Babe. You don't even fucking fit in my lap, there's no way you gonna hide like this." Sonny tries to lighten the mood.

Usnavi stares at them- two boys clinging to each other like they're the only right pieces in a broken puzzle. "Nah. Y'all are fine. Just please keep it in your pants when I'm around, K?"

Pete shoves an urgent hand through Sonny's hair. "You hear that, man? He's good."

Pete's skin tingles where Sonny presses a soft kiss to it. "Yeah, I heard. If he wasn't, it wouldn't of changed anything though. You know that right?"

Sighing into Sonny's shoulder, Pete replies, "I do now." Maybe he should've given Sonny more credit.

"How long have you two..."

Breaking apart and hiding beneath pillows, Sonny and Pete speak simultaneously. "Week and a half."

Usnavi's brows draw together. "Well... I guess you've kept it in your pants-"

That's the last straw. Sonny and Pete explode into laughter, their faces buried in the pillows.

"Not really, no," Pete chokes out.

Sonny cackles, "Pete!" but he can barely get it out. They're both just a little bit high on relief.

Usnavi's eyes dart around the room, looking everywhere else. "Get some clothes on, hoes."

"Sure thing, boss!"

Two pairs of jeans are on the floor. One tank top. One T-shirt, a baseball cap, a pile of sheets. What a mess.

"I don't wanna clean all of that shit." Pete's already got the world's messiest room back... home.

"Today's... what's today?" Sonny watches Usnavi leave for the bodega. "Thursday?"

"Yeah." Pete starts to get up off the bed, but Sonny holds out an arm, holding him back.

"He's going to be at work all day." Sonny wiggles his eyebrows at Pete.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"You wanna hang out?"

I think one more chapter. Love you so much!!

           -The Worst Writer on Wattpad