Chapter 3

The sound of Alex's beautiful voice and laugh right next to his ear sent Aksel's heart into borderline shock, thrumming rapidly against his chest as he slowly let go of the other.

The smaller Hispanic boy began to go off on a tangent on his lateness, evidently a little nervous but Aksel took in every word like it was an order, even if his mind was a matter of blur and fog. His arm remained over Alex's shoulder for a second too long before he retracted back, a smile the size of none other before painted permanently across his face as he caught his breath and feet, laughing exasperatedly.

He would be lying if he said he didn't fix his glasses to also wipe the beginnings of a tear from his eye, beaming over at Ani, Henry and Jack like he'd just won the lottery, listening to Alex greet them all with that same flawless face.

Ani continued to vlog as they all hugged a greeting, Aksel still trying to catch up to the rhythm his existence had taken up since spotting the boy.

Henry made sure to stop and give Aksel the smallest nudge while Alexis kept his excited words and movements flowing, as if reminding him that it was all okay again. Whilst he didn't acknowledge it, he felt it and was thankful to have such wonderful people around him at such a crucial moment.

The noise ended up bringing out the rest of the houseguests, and although Aksel would have loved to have remained beside his friend, he figured he could give his heart a much needed a break, instead opting on standing with Jack while everyone had their own moments with Quackity, venting out his excitement through jumping and shoving which Jack happily furthered, until they all gathered into a circle.

That's when it all began to really sink in for each of them, and Aksel couldn't help but to watch his friend with the same adoration and love he'd always carried for the other, knowing this was about to be the few days of his life.

Considering the house didn't finally go quiet until around 4 AM, the next morning came just as quickly as Aksel hoped it would.

Last night, after Alex's arrival, they all hung out for a few hours before the Alex decided he was too tired to continue on, saying he'd walk back to the hotel.

A few insisted that he could crash around the place because it was likely that's what they were going to do but he simply denied with a friendly smile and told them all that he'd left a few things in the room that he didn't want unattended, and sadly but surely, they all said goodbye.

It was until the morning, Aksel reasoned with himself, so he wouldn't miss him too much, right?

Sometimes a taste of something good can lead to bigger cravings.

The lazy morning Californian sun rolled through the windows and glass doors and disturbed any who'd dared to sleep out in the open space. The house was eventually rolling back into motion one by one, and Aksel was easily one of the first and for good reason.

He was seeing Alex again today and they were going to be able to sit together in the sun and talk and joke just like in Discord calls. Except for this time, Aksel was able to watch his friend's gorgeous expressions in full HD.

And that was exactly what they did.

"Hey, did you pack the stuff?" Jack asked from across the circle of deck chairs subtly to Aksel, who was previously lost in the deep brown rings of the Hispanic boy's eyes as he spoke.

Aksel gave him a confused tilt of the head, snapping out of it when he read the bigger man's expression.

"Yes, Hooverr, I did bring the stuff."

Aksel turned his head to his friend once more, now seeing a much more gleeful, toothy grin light up his face. He almost lost his breath from just how stunning this boy was, but he managed to get it out.