two, rory v. romeo

✲══〖✰〗══✲

°˖✧✿✧˖°

WHILE RON AND Hermione were busy in the prefect's cabin, Harry and Rory remained in their compartment for the rest of the train ride. Though they left a few times; to get dressed in their robes and do other things around the train, they spent a lot of time talking and getting to know one another. By the time they had reached Hogwarts, they were laughing and cracking jokes like they'd known each other for years, as if they were merely two old friends catching up. Ron and Hermione watched the two from the hallway and smiled knowingly to one another, already sensing a friendship between them was made.

Harry loved how different Rory was from her brother and parents. She didn't have the same blood supremacy mindset, and she believed that Voldemort was back, his presence being covered up by the Ministry. Her mindset was different from anyone else's he'd met, except maybe Hermione and Ron, and she made Harry forget about the trouble he'd experienced last year and this summer. Rory was a fresh start for him.

As they exited the train Draco Malfoy brushed past them, purposely bumping into Harry and sneering something in his direction. Rory noticed four other boys circled around Draco, two behind him and two on either side. It took her a few seconds to realize that Elio was one of the boys, prompting an anger to arise within her. She urged Harry to continue on as she stopped to greet her brother.

"Elio," Rory spoke as he passed by her. This caught his attention as he turned in her direction, "Hello, Aurora. I see you've found your company, as I've found mine. How was the train ride for you?"

"Fine," she hardened her glare on Draco, who was staring at her while Elio spoke. "Can I help you, Malfoy?"

"You can't help him, but you can help me." From Draco's right side a brunette appeared, flashing Rory a bright and familiar smile, "It's been a while, love. How about we do some catching up?"

Rory's breath hitched as Romeo walked in her direction, memories she had suppressed flooding her thoughts. As she quickened her pace to get away from him, Romeo grabbed her hand forcefully and brought her to stand beside him. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders, holding onto her tightly to prevent her escape. Rory attempted to reach into her pocket to grab her wand, only for one of Draco's goons to pluck it from her. She groaned in annoyance as Romeo laughed, his breath hitting the nape of her neck, "What were you going to do with that, love? Your friend is long gone, It's just you and us. Maybe we can stick back a little bit and catch up. They won't miss us during the sorting."

Rory tried to pry herself from his grasp, "Romeo, we can do some catching up another time. I promise, I will talk with you later, but I don't want to be late. It's not even my first day and I don't want the professors to already dislike me. You understand, right?" But all Romeo did was chuckle, "Don't worry, Aurora. I'm a prefect after all, so I can explain to the professors you got a little lost after getting off the train, and I found you. They'll believe me, especially since it's not even your first day. Isn't that right?"